Timelord

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Prof » 10. Juni 2006, 18:04

Well, if this isn't quintessential Snakepit-stuff, I don't know what is! There's a Timelord-thread on the German board already, so let me take this opportunity to tell a few English-only people here about this excellent US-band from Virginia who have released their demo 'Dawn of dissent' just recently. Don't be put off by the no budget cover/packaging, because the six tracks on this CD-R put most official label releases to shame. 'Dawn of dissent', 'Aeons calling', 'Rebellion' (the bonus track on this disc), 'Sirens', 'The alchemist' and 'Cult of the dead' are prime examples of guitar-driven US power metal, laced with loads of technical wizardry (some amazing drum accents and double bass-kicking immediately command attention). Vocalist Matt Aub (who doubles on the axe with Aaron Richert) is in a league all his own, easily mastering mid- to high-range and never once letting the energy and aggression level drop off. The sixth and last tune on this killer demo is called 'Cult of the dead' and damn, it's an instant classic!

What amazes me most is the sheer intensity of these songs; these guys are more than just good musicians: they know how to write and fine-tune their writing. Especially followers of the 80s Texas metal scene will love this band to death - it's like bits of Helstar and Juggernaut (technical riffing, eye/ear for intricate details) are paired with vintage Vicious Rumors/Steel Prophet (melodies/harmonies). If, on their forthcoming full-length, they don't overdo the harmony choruses and keep those rough edges production-wise, Timelord should be capable of generating enthusiastic reactions across several underground niches.
And if this short review sounds suspiciously euphoric to you: order this demo and be convinced of its many qualities. This is major league metal. Spread the word on Timelord!

Check 'em out at MySpace:
<a href='http://www.myspace.com/timelordband' target='_blank'>Timelord</a>

P.S.
The bonus track 'Rebellion', especially, is a ripper that would've made a classic tune on any vintage Toxik/Helstar/Steel Prophet-album.
The full-length debut, entitled 'Regeneration', is slated for a fall 2006 release.
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 13. Juni 2006, 13:52

I'll check em out ... I wish they had sound clips someplace other than MySpace though :(
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon Prof » 13. Juni 2006, 14:28

Temple of Blood hat geschrieben: I'll check em out ... I wish they had sound clips someplace other than MySpace though :(

Do you mean because of the sound quality?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 13. Juni 2006, 16:09

the professor hat geschrieben:
Temple of Blood hat geschrieben: I'll check em out ... I wish they had sound clips someplace other than MySpace though  :(

No, because I can't get them to play! :)

I read their interview and all their influences are right up my alley so I went ahead and ordered their EP. I hope it is as good as I am thinking it will be!
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon Prof » 13. Juni 2006, 16:30

Temple of Blood hat geschrieben:
Temple of Blood hat geschrieben: I'll check em out ... I wish they had sound clips someplace other than MySpace though  :(

I read their interview and all their influences are right up my alley so I went ahead and ordered their EP. I hope it is as good as I am thinking it will be!

Ah, right. I tried to register with MySpace a few times, but I must be doing something wrong, because it failed at every session. :blink:

Knowing your musical preferences a bit from what you've posted here so far, the Timelord-EP should have you banging and riffing along in no time! I'm curious to read your opinion on 'Dawn of dissent' here. Matt Aub's vocals alone are worth the price of the demo.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Metallah » 14. Juni 2006, 18:11

Temple of Blood hat geschrieben:

Ah, right. I tried to register with MySpace a few times, but I must be doing something wrong, because it failed at every session. :blink:

Knowing your musical preferences a bit from what you've posted here so far, the Timelord-EP should have you banging and riffing along in no time! I'm curious to read your opinion on 'Dawn of dissent' here. Matt Aub's vocals alone are worth the price of the demo.

Strange. I registered with MyPlace some time ago when I wanted this Immortal Avenger CD, which wasn't available and the only way to contact the band was MySpace. It worked out quite well. I got four cd's meanwhile, since they seemed to be a bit confused... .

M.
Metallah

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum