CAULDRON BORN

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Re: New Briton Rites Song! Doom/NWOBHM Style

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 13. Juni 2010, 20:17

Prof hat geschrieben:Thanks for the support, SMM, Oli, Rapanzel.

Howie, the reason why I bought 'For Mircalla' is to support you - a musician/composer whom I have a certain respect for. It was not my intention to be insulting, as should be obvious from the comment itself. I think you mistook 'honest' for 'blunt' here. As I stated before, it was clear to me what this project was about, I had no misconceptions at all about the style and philosophy behind it. This style is not my preference, but still I bought a copy of your album.

As I had really dug into the material before saying anything about it (and for the record: I don't feel the need to express an opinion on every album that is discussed here), I fail to see the insulting part in my comment.
Now ask yourself this question: if there's only praise and applause across the board for this or that album, what does that mean? That everyone loves it? Or does it mean that the buyers who don't, prefer, for whatever reason, to keep their opinion to themselves? Dissenting views of knowledgeable people often make for great discussions, which is exactly why this forum continues to thrive. Perhaps you could embrace that as well.

Oliver

Okay,Oliver. Thanks for the support. I must have misunderstood your intention. I accept the fact that you did not mean this as an insult. I am just going to leave it at this.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 30. Juni 2010, 20:42

Howie, in the current HEAVY mag, you ask the fans to wirte to you, if you should do another BRITON RITES album first or another CAULDRON BORN album, right?

Well, I definetely go for CAULDRON BORN :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Hope others will agree!?
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 1. Juli 2010, 22:38

Thanks,Rapanzel. I have been in the studio working on a Cauldron Born song. I have three written for a new album. I am thinking of doing a three song cassette demo or EP, so that I can squeeze something out,hopefully by the end of this year. I have been trying to put feelers out to find out if anyone would even consider buying a cassette demo. I think I would do this if I thought that I could break even.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon heavymetalmaniac » 1. Juli 2010, 23:23

Cauldron_Born hat geschrieben:Thanks,Rapanzel. I have been in the studio working on a Cauldron Born song. I have three written for a new album. I am thinking of doing a three song cassette demo or EP, so that I can squeeze something out,hopefully by the end of this year. I have been trying to put feelers out to find out if anyone would even consider buying a cassette demo. I think I would do this if I thought that I could break even.

Howie

I would buy a (CD) EP but not a tape. That's just like if you would do a VHS video of your latest tour or something similar. Yes, I would say, I'm kinda old school but not that much that I need tapes, VHS or Super 8 back into my life... or a C64.
No, thank you.

But I really would appreciate a proper EP which would (also) be released in CD format.

Just my opinion.

HMM.
heavymetalmaniac

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 2. Juli 2010, 05:46

C=64 UBER ALLES!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQa1OiHlrM

How could you not want to hug and kiss such hottie, and I'm not talking about the chick :lol:

Bild
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Pavlos » 2. Juli 2010, 08:27

There was a time when my C64 was probably the most important thing in my teenager life, but nowadays it´s more like this:

CHICKS > A NEW CAULDRON BORN EP (THAT I DEFINITELY WOULD BUY) > C64

:-D
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 2. Juli 2010, 10:21

Traitor! :lol:
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 2. Juli 2010, 13:46

:lol: :lol: Pavlos, as usual!!! I would also prefer a professional pressed CD instead of a tape!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 3. Juli 2010, 08:33

Thanks to all of you. I have been reading everyone's responses and I talked with some friends at other record labels, and I am leaning towards just waiting and releasing the full length only,on CD. I had originally thought about releasing a Cauldron Born EP on cassette with two new songs plus a Heavy Load cover.I would still like to do that Heavy Load cover, though. When Cauldron Born was on Underground Symphony, they asked me if I would like to record a couple songs for a Heavy Load tribute album. Unfortunately,that album never came to fruition. The label owner explained to me that most of the guys in the young symphonic metal bands on his label had never heard of Heavy Load.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Necroglyph » 3. Juli 2010, 09:00

What about a Cauldron Born EP on vinyl...?
A Heavy Load cover could be interesting but I'm also really looking forward to some new Cauldron Born !
I hope you'll also keep Briton Rites around...damn good album !!!
Necroglyph
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 3. Juli 2010, 09:16

Necroglyph: Thanks! Yeah,I plan on recording this other Briton Rites album that I have written, after I get this Cauldron Born thing finished. I just slipped into Cauldron Born mode somehow.

I don't think that I will be able to recuperate the funds that I would sink into vinyl,unfortunately.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 3. Juli 2010, 12:39

Howie, as I already told you, I prefer the Vocals on the CB demo. Wouldn't it be great if you could ask Christian Schulze to do some Vocals again :-D ?

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 4. Juli 2010, 05:31

rapanzel: Sorry to disappoint,but I won't work with any of the former singers again, aside from David Louden.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Loomis » 2. September 2010, 15:40

Got the CD today and I really like it. I'd like to especially mention the Bass guitar work, great job Howie!
But I guess I wont become a fan of Baker's recent paintings. :-D
The Cauldron Born covers and the Chastain covers were OK, but Briton Rites is not so good in my opinion. We better don't talk about the Blacksword-cover-disaster.
Loomis
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 5. September 2010, 00:50

Loomis hat geschrieben:Got the CD today and I really like it. I'd like to especially mention the Bass guitar work, great job Howie!
But I guess I wont become a fan of Baker's recent paintings. :-D
The Cauldron Born covers and the Chastain covers were OK, but Briton Rites is not so good in my opinion. We better don't talk about the Blacksword-cover-disaster.

Hey Loomis: I am glad you like the music. Thanks for your support. We will just have to agree to disagree on the artwork. Thanks.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum