Zouille/Hantson, a night of Sortilège

Alles über vergangene KIT-Festivals sowie über die kommenden Ausgaben! / Everything about the KIT-Festivals of the past and the future. Site Link: http://www.keep-it-true.de

Zouille/Hantson, a night of Sortilège

Beitragvon Warnabot » 19. April 2009, 22:05

I thought this might interest the KIT maniacs, but I'm not able to write all this in German, so please excuse one message in English.

I saw Zouille (former Sortilège singer) and his band yesterday, on their "warm-up" show for the KIT date.

It was quite a moment for me. Zouille is one of my absolute favorite singers, and Sortilège one of the bands I hold sacred, so seeing him sing those songs again really blew me away.
And there is one thing I can say: oh man can the motherfucker sing. If anyone has doubts as to whether he would be able to belt out those songs and screams today, forget it. He was in top vocal shape, and absolutely up to the old versions and bootlegs. Vocally, it was magnificent.

I'd say the songs are not all the ones I would have chosen, but since every Sortilège song is killer anyway, I was quite happy to hear them.
The band also played some other stuff (from Furious Zoo and Satan Jokers), that actually bored me. Well, it was well played, but I just don't like the songs. Good occasions to go and get a beer.
But the Sortilège stuff was great, actually better than I expected. Of course I still missed Dumont's unique guitar playing, and the drums were much more "classic" than Bob Snake's special rhythms. The players do not have the same edge. But they're all very good, and serve the songs well.

Of course, do not expect to see Sortilège in full metallic glory. That band is no Sortilège, and will never be (and does not claim or try to be). Zouille has long left the metal world, this is one case where the spirit and rage of the 80's will not be back.

But for a Sortilège worshipper like me it was a killer moment anyway. What a voice, and what songs!
Warnabot
Linkin Park-Für-Metal-Halter

Re: Zouille/Hantson, a night of Sortilège

Beitragvon MightyTior » 21. April 2009, 07:04

Looking forward to this as well. :yeah:
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon midnightrider » 22. April 2009, 01:04

Great news, It will be awesome!!!
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Re: Zouille/Hantson, a night to remember Sortilège

Beitragvon guardian » 22. April 2009, 15:56

Hi there,
it's Holger here from the Zouille/Hantson Camp. Please be so fair and respectful that Zouille/Hantson also play some (4 from 12) other Songs to show his doing in the last years. The most of us hasn't a chance to see Sortilege in the 80's. So use this chance to listen to the songs you've waiting for so long. In Cergy last saturday was the reaction at and after the show great and verry psoitiv. In this case be so true :yeah: that we can celebrate all together a great party at Saturday. Believe me he sings like the old days and it's still fantastic to see em back on the stage together with his friend Renaud Hantson. Please have in mind that it was never the target to reunite Sortilege (whats about different reason impossible), so enjoy and support Zouille/Hantson and have a good time together with us

Cheers
Holger
guardian
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon midnightrider » 22. April 2009, 17:06

will someone be so kind to post the setlist after the kit. If he will also play other songs than sortilège songs, I guess i won't know them^^
Zuletzt geändert von midnightrider am 22. April 2009, 17:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon guardian » 22. April 2009, 17:13

Hi, i'll do that for sure :-P Cheers Holger
guardian
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon midnightrider » 22. April 2009, 17:38

oh that's great. thank you!
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon guardian » 22. April 2009, 17:57

You're welcome and See You at the KIT :) :yeah:
guardian
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Ignitor Supreme » 26. April 2009, 18:08

What an amazing show at KIT by Zouille/Hantson! Few singers sound live as good as they do on cd, Zouille sounded just as good as he did on cd 20 years ago! Absolutely amazing. Zouille/Hantson also featured the best guitar and bass player I have seen in a long long time. Zouille/Hantson and the NWOBHM tribute were my personal highlights of this KIT.
Ignitor Supreme
Mode-Fan

Beitragvon rapanzel » 26. April 2009, 18:09

Very good show indeed. I really liked the performance
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Pavlos » 26. April 2009, 20:22

Excellent Gig!!!!!
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon guardian » 27. April 2009, 20:52

Hi Friends,
a big thank you for the amazing reaction all of you show when Zoille comes on stage and for the complete concert. You're all amazing and i can anounce: the boys continue Live concerts and be sure we come back to Germany. I got a lot of requests to play and we post it also here when there's something concrete and ready to anounce :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Here's the Setlist i promised:

Setlist KIT

D AILLEURS
GLADIATEUR
JUST KEEP HOLDING ON
CIVILISATIONS PERDUES
QUAND UN AVEUGLE REVE
GET OUT
CHASSE LE DRAGON
CYCLOPE DE L ETANG
INDIEN DE DEMAIN
A DEAD MAN WONT LIE
MARCHAND D HOMMES
SORTILEGE

Thanx again for this amazing support and specialy from the Band a big hello and thank you and see you soon

Holger
guardian
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon midnightrider » 27. April 2009, 23:03

That's great news!!

Oh and thx for the Setlist of course^^
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Irish Coffee » 28. April 2009, 10:43

Yeah, awesome stuff. The Sortisongs were all killer, since the guy I met outside the neighbour building of the Concert Hall told me about the whole project I can now understand why the guys did guitar -, bass - and drumsolos in the most manowarish style I ever heard (which I actually did not really like too much)...anyway, the Furioso or whatever they played Songs were fine, too. Less mind blowing than Sortilège stuff but then, still solid hardrockish music...
Anyway, great gig, great voice, VIVA Zülle, sorry, Zouille!!! :yeah:
Odins wilde Krieger aus dem Norden kehren wieder. Abgerissen und zerschlissen, dennoch ungebrochen. Holstein, Deine Helden wollen sich zu Worte melden. Voller Stolz und voller Wut, hier wird gestanden, nicht gekrochen.
Irish Coffee
METAL GOD

Beitragvon MetalMueller1807 » 9. Mai 2009, 18:17

Oh yes! Great gig indeed!!!

Greetz to the SORTILÉGE guys from my hometown Kamen (where you recorded "Métamorphose"!)

Bild
Bild
MetalMueller1807
US Metal-Kenner

Zurück zu !! Offizielles Keep It True - Forum !!