HERETIC joins MOMR roster and works on new album

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

HERETIC joins MOMR roster and works on new album

Beitragvon Jowita » 24. Mai 2012, 01:53

We are proud to announce that the legendary US Power/Thrash Metal act HERETIC has joined our roster. You can read the detailed biography of the band on the HERETIC page on our website, but here are a few quick facts.

The band, formed in 1985 in Los Angeles, CA, had an EP "Torture Knows No Boundary" (1986) and a full-length "Breaking Point" (1988) out on Metal Blade Records before disbanding. Later on the founding member, songwriter and guitarist Brian Korban together with bassist Dennis O’Hara formed REVEREND, which featured the vocal talents of the late David Wayne (METAL CHURCH).

In 2011 Brian Korban reformed the band, recruiting Julian Mendez, the vocalist who sang on the band’s first EP. Soon they were joined by the seasoned musicians, long-time friends and collaborators, guitarist Glenn Rogers (ex-HIRAX, ex-DELIVERANCE, ex-STEEL VENGEANCE, VIKING and others) and bassist Angelo Espino (ex-REVEREND, ex-HIRAX, ex-ANGER AS ART, ex-UNCLE SLAM, BITCH and others) and a young, but talented drummer Ignazio Coppola.

This line-up has already played several shows and started recording the new album "A Time Of Crisis", which at this point is almost complete and scheduled for July 26th release date.

It’s not uncommon that reunions of once great bands from the ’80s turn into disappointments, but after hearing several songs from this upcoming album we are confident that it will be one strong and exciting come back (in spite of the lack of Mike Howe who sang on the band’s ’88 LP and who has retired from the music business). You can get a pre-taste of the things to come listening to the two new HERETIC songs from our YouTube channel: "Remains" and "Police State".

Bild
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Re: HERETIC joins MOMR roster and works on new album

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 24. Mai 2012, 09:15

Great news!
I read it yesterday on blabbermouth and the two new songs sound really cool. I really like the singer, it's the right mix of power and melody.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Pavlos » 24. Mai 2012, 12:35

"Breaking Point" = :yeah:
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Jowita » 7. Juli 2012, 21:03

"A Time Of Crisis", the come-back album of the US power/thrash metal legends HERETIC, will be released on July 26th at the Headbangers Open Air festival.

Additionally to "Remains" and "Police State" we have now posted a third song, "Child Of War", on our pages - you can check it from the HERETIC page, the page of the release or directly from Bandcamp.

From now on until July 22nd you can pre-order HERETIC "A Time Of Crisis" CD from our SHOP page, with 2,00 Euro discount. After this day the price will revert to the standard 12,00 Euro for the CD.
You can also pre-order the album as digital download (WAV files) directly from us, from our Bandcamp page http://metalonmetalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/heretic-a-time-of-crisis. After July 26th it will be distributed digitally by CD Baby and made available also from iTunes, Amazon MP3, eMusic and other retailers.

And here's a short promo clip (featuring a fragment of another song, "For Your Faith"):

Check the track list and more info about "A Time Of Crisis" on the page of this release.

Bild
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 8. Juli 2012, 15:02

So I could pick it up at the HOA?
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Jowita » 8. Juli 2012, 15:12

Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:So I could pick it up at the HOA?

Hi Raf, yes, you can. We will be also at BYH and Hell's Pleasure... I remember about the tapes for you. Then would you like us to give them to you personally too instead of sending?
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 8. Juli 2012, 17:05

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:So I could pick it up at the HOA?

Hi Raf, yes, you can. We will be also at BYH and Hell's Pleasure... I remember about the tapes for you. Then would you like us to give them to you personally too instead of sending?

Sure, I'll try and find you at HOA and pick up the tapes and the Heretic album.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Jowita » 22. Juli 2012, 18:24

It's the last day of the pre-order with the discounted price - tomorrow the price for the HERETIC "A Time Of Crisis" CD in our online shop becomes the standard 12 Euro.
Whoever is interested in buying this album and is going to Headbangers Open Air, can get the CD directly from us there too (if you send me the message by tomorrow evening, the price will be still with 2 Euro discount).
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 24. Juli 2012, 14:23

Ah well, too late. That's what comes from flying around the world for metal festivals. :smile2:
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Jowita » 24. Juli 2012, 14:36

Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:Ah well, too late. That's what comes from flying around the world for metal festivals. :smile2:

No problem, you ordered it before, don't you remember? ;) So you have the discount. Just come up to me at HOA - I'll have the tapes for you too. :)
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 24. Juli 2012, 14:40

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:Ah well, too late. That's what comes from flying around the world for metal festivals. :smile2:

No problem, you ordered it before, don't you remember? ;) So you have the discount. Just come up to me at HOA - I'll have the tapes for you too. :)

Ah, great. I forgot completely, I'm still recuperating from an italian homebrewing contest. :drunk:
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Siebi » 24. Juli 2012, 14:49

Jowita, do you offer 3 CDs for 30 Euro at HOA?
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Jowita » 24. Juli 2012, 15:12

Siebi hat geschrieben:Jowita, do you offer 3 CDs for 30 Euro at HOA?

Yes, we can, but of course we have no table for selling there, so you have to find us. We travel with CDs and have all titles available. Which titles are you interested in?
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Siebi » 24. Juli 2012, 15:24

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Siebi hat geschrieben:Jowita, do you offer 3 CDs for 30 Euro at HOA?

Yes, we can, but of course we have no table for selling there, so you have to find us. We travel with CDs and have all titles available. Which titles are you interested in?

Great news! Heretic, Mortalicum and the latest Skelator plus the tape-Bundle with Skelator and Battlerage. Would be very nice. We'll meet us I guess. :smile2:
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 30. Juli 2012, 10:23

Ok, I heard the album three times now and am having a lot of fun with it. High energy powerthrash with enough roughness in the sound and vocals. :yeah:
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels