ARKHAM WITCH!

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

ARKHAM WITCH!

Beitragvon Jowita » 5. Juni 2012, 18:23

We are excited to announce the signing of the killer Heavy/Doom Metal/NWOBHM band ARKHAM WITCH and with this signing we are welcoming to our roster the first band hailing from UK.

We met and saw ARKHAM WITCH live when we went to the Doomsday festival in Wakefield, UK in February 2011. They instantly captured us with their incredibly catchy songs and the show that was pure mighty fun! We got their 2009 demo and later on their first album, which was a stellar piece of doomy Heavy Metal, so when they contacted us after their previous label closed, we eagerly offered them a deal.

ARKHAM WITCH was formed in 2008 by the couple behind THE LAMP OF THOTH (vocalist Simon and drummer Emily), so obviously there are many similarities to their previous band (that for now is on hold). It’s still straightforward, Doom laden Heavy Metal of the old (read: with heaps of NWOBHM influences), occult, but with a tinge of humor, with these trademark bard/brigand type vocals of Simon. The group takes their inspiration from bands like DEEP SWITCH, HELL, MANILLA ROAD, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, JUDAS PRIEST, PENTAGRAM, SAINT VITUS (with Reagers) and CIRITH UNGOL.

The band has just finished recording their sophomore album, a follow up to last year’s “On Crom’s Mountain”, entitled “Legions Of The Deep” and scheduled for October 2012 release. Meanwhile you can check the links to their pages to listen to some of their older recordings from ARKHAM WITCH page on our website, where you can also read the detailed biography and check some great promo and live photos!

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Jowita am 10. Juni 2012, 23:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Re: ARKHAM WITCH!

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 5. Juni 2012, 19:01

Great news!
:yeah:
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Helvetets » 6. Juni 2012, 09:07

An apple a day keeps the doctor away! :lol:
Helvetets
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Jowita » 6. Juni 2012, 22:05

Helvetets hat geschrieben:An apple a day keeps the doctor away! :lol:

Haha, you bet! The apple was disappearing gradually as the photo session was going on. :lol:
But there were also beer cans!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 6. Juni 2012, 22:06

Obvious question: any plans for a vinyl release?
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Jowita » 6. Juni 2012, 23:49

Sgt. Kuntz hat geschrieben:Obvious question: any plans for a vinyl release?

Not sure yet, but possibly yes (perhaps through another label).
Not official yet, but most probably the band will go on a short tour in October with a few dates in Germany. I'll update this post when we know more!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Odium » 6. Juni 2012, 23:51

Jowita hat geschrieben:Not official yet, but most probably the band will go on a short tour in October with a few dates in Germany. I'll update this post when we know more!

:yeah:
Was der Fuck.
Odium
Metalizer

Beitragvon Jowita » 8. Juni 2012, 16:33

A couple of days ago we actually received the still unedited and very roughly mixed album - all I can say is it kicks ass!
We only had expected some more doom, which is practically not present there except for a few hints here and there. But it's the trademark ARKHAM WITCH style of heavy metal with big NWOBHM influence. The fun factor in the songs (and brilliant lyrics) is always there and it was not easy for me to work while listening to it, as my fist was going up all the time (not to mention other uncontrolled movements, haha). :yeah:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Jowita » 10. Juli 2012, 13:15

Leo Stivala, the vocalist of the Maltese doom metal veterans FORSAKEN, has recently recorded additional vocals for the title track of the upcoming ARKHAM WITCH album "Legions Of The Deep". The recording took place in the home studio of Chris Grech (guitarist of NOMAD SON) in Mellieha, Malta and was an event that will be remembered fondly by all parties involved (Simon, Emily and Aldo of ARKHAM WITCH were present there, as well as yours truly, who also had one week half-vacations in Malta).

Leo was kind enough to send us his personal comment about it:
"After the awesome time passed last year at the third edition of the Malta Doom Metal fest, I was contacted by Aldo from Arkham Witch to see if I was interested in performing in one of their songs for their new album. My answer was an immediate YES... taking into consideration the great sense of friendship I have with band and the fact that I like their music so much. So after a few months we talked again, agreed about the song "Legions of the Deep", and that the recordings will be done at Chris Grech's studio in Mellieha, Malta. We met in Mellieha a day after I got back from Hellfest and went straight to the studio... Bammm, there we go... first take was already awesome!!! I really had a great time singing this song, as I felt that I really gave it a live feeling... we were all headbanging and having a good time... things sounded so great!!! Simon also gave a very solid performance re-recording his vocal parts. Some touches from Chris on the desk to get everything together and it was ready. It is an honor for me to be part of this album from Arkham Witch and I want to thank the band, Jowita and Simone from Metal on Metal records for showing trust in my vocal capabilities and for showing such a great sense of friendship for so many years and through this recording!!! YOU RULE!!! Metal till the End!!!"

Simon Iff?, ARKHAM WITCH vocalist, added:
"We just wanted Leo to sing on our album because he is a true doom metal legend! Aldo "Dodo" Doom has a long history and friendship with Forsaken and Leo, and it is an honour for us that a vocalist from a band that has been a big inspiration to Arkham Witch, both in terms of their music and the passion with which they go about delivering it, should consent to sharing a mic with us! Singing with Leo was a blast and I really hope that someday we get to perform this song together live! The man's molecular structure is composed from particles of pure heavy metal!"

You can witness the metal madness that took place on that very day, June 23rd, in the studio of Chris, captured on this video:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Cromwell » 28. September 2012, 14:28

Still aiming for an October launch? :smile2:
Und schon wieder geh'n wir zum Chinesen.
Cromwell
Listenhorst

Beitragvon Jowita » 28. September 2012, 15:37

Cromwell hat geschrieben:Still aiming for an October launch? :smile2:

Actually we decided to do it like we normally do: the release date at a festival we go to. Since we're flying to Malta Doom Metal Festival (https://www.facebook.com/events/225682357507662/), which is on November 2nd and 3rd, we're aiming at this date. IF we don't receive the CDs in time, it will be out for sure for Hammer Of Doom festival (November 9th and 10th).
The October release date idea was ONLY because there was a plan for a tour with Argus which unfortunately fell through.
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Cromwell » 28. September 2012, 15:47

Thanks. I'll be taking a fistful of euros more to Hammer of Doom, then.
Und schon wieder geh'n wir zum Chinesen.
Cromwell
Listenhorst

Beitragvon Jowita » 28. September 2012, 16:08

Cromwell hat geschrieben:Thanks. I'll be taking a fistful of euros more to Hammer of Doom, then.

:smile2:
We will have a small table space for selling our releases there and some discounts for sure. Together with ARKHAM WITCH we're releasing AFTER OBLIVION's debut album (the easiest and most accurate way to describe their music & vocals: 90's-era DEATH). We also plan to make a limited run of high quality art prints (vinyl size) with the artwork I painted for AW "Legions Of The Deep" (there's Cthulhu, people from Innsmouth and the Deep Ones ;) ). - we will reveal the art next week! :)
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Jowita » 2. November 2012, 15:33

I've been quite swamped in work here and have had various delays, so probably most of the ARKHAM WITCH fans already know the details about their upcoming album, but anyway, I'll post them here for those who don't know.
ARKHAM WITCH "Legions of the Deep" will be available since November 9th - we will have the CDs with us at the Hammer of Doom festival, so if you can buy them there directly from us (you can also pre-order the CD until November 6th from our SHOP page). Apart from it, we will have there a few vinyl-size art prints on canvas with the cover artwork!

Here's a trailer for the album with a fragment of the title track (featuring additional vocals by Leo Stivala):

You can listen to 3 songs and see more details about the release HERE.

The cover art for "Legions of the Deep" was painted by me, and is actually the center piece of a triple artwork (first part is for the vinyl and tape release of "On Crom's Mountain" and the last part for the band's upcoming album - a preview the complete artwork is here)

Bild

Also, it's very probable we'll have TAPE edition of "On Crom's Mountain" with us at the Hammer of Doom festival. We haven't announced it yet, as we aren't 100% sure the tapes will arrive in time, but if you're interested in it, just come up to our stand at the festival if you're there. Pro-tapes with full-colour3-panel insert with lyrics and NEW cover art, limited to 66 copies!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 3. November 2012, 02:33

The CD is one thing I definitely need to pick up at HOD, I'll need to think about the tape as well.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels