AFTER OBLIVION joins our roster.

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

AFTER OBLIVION joins our roster.

Beitragvon Jowita » 10. Juni 2012, 23:05

It's high time to officially announce the last band that we have signed for a 2012 release. Let us start with stating we are not much into Death Metal. We like some classic and even contemporary bands, but really very few, so obviously we are extremely picky as fans when it comes to this genre. And a Death Metal band has to completely blow us away to pique our interest as the label.

Such was the case with AFTER OBLIVION, a band from the still undiscovered country when it comes to Metal music: Bosnia and Herzegovia. The mastermind behind the band, guitarist, vocalist, composer and the sole member in the beginning, Adnan Hatić, formed it in 2007 on the ashes of his previous Death Metal band PATH BEYOND SERENITY (in which he had played since 1999).

When Adnan contacted us, we listened to the three songs from their 2011 EP “Vultures”, then listened again
 and again. We could (and did) listen to them on a loop for hours
 Why? ‘Cause we love DEATH and AFTER OBLIVION is so uncannily similar to Chuck’s band, in particular their ’90s era (when you hear those vocals, you may think it’s Chuck himself!), we could only succumb to this new amazing band. They play technical (but not overly technical or progressive – on contrary, quite catchy, so accessible for a wider audience) and atmospheric Death Metal with some Thrash elements that should appeal not only to all fans of DEATH, but also PESTILENCE, ATHEIST, KREATOR, SACRIFICE, VEKTOR, GORGUTS, AGONIZE (another band with Adnan on vocals and guitars), CYNIC, CORONER and surely some other acts that we don’t even know.

Debut CD “Stamina” is coming in October! Meanwhile check AFTER OBLIVION page on our website (there’s band’s biography, info, links and photos) and watch the clip for “Septic Mind” from “Vultures” EP from YouTube:

Bild
Zuletzt geÀndert von Jowita am 28. September 2012, 18:46, insgesamt 1-mal geÀndert.
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 158

Re: AFTER OBLIVION joins our roster.

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 20. September 2012, 07:26

Wow, awesome band! I'd say it is pretty much techno-thrash with harsh vocals, not much death metal, at least on that video clip.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

BeitrÀge: 692

Beitragvon rapanzel » 20. September 2012, 09:18

Some DEATH influences on the vocals. Sounds nice!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Beitragvon Jowita » 28. September 2012, 18:44

We received the final master of their album "Stamina" a couple of days ago. The overall sound of the album is more raw/old school - less clean than on the EP (from which the song on the clip is).

Yes, you can call it technical death or technical death/thrash - we've seen both descriptions just as often.
It's quite incredible how similar they are to DEATH from their later albums (from "Human" on) - we could have released it as some "lost Death songs" and I bet many people would have believed it after hearing them (of course we wouldn't do it, because not only the After Oblivion guys wouldn't be happy, but because of the legal stuff - but it could work as April 1st joke :cool2: ).
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Jowita » 19. Oktober 2012, 18:58

We have now posted 2 new songs from AFTER OBLIVION's upcoming album "Stamina". You can listen to them from our Bandcamp page, the players on the page of the release and the page of the band, or from our YouTube channel: "The Carnal Form" and "Breeding Perdition".

And here's a short promo clip for the album:

The album will be out on November 9th (and available directly from us at the Hammer Of Doom festival). From now on until November 6th you can pre-order the CD with 2 Euro discount from our shop.

Track list and more info about "Stamina" on the page of this release.

Bild
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 28. November 2012, 23:28

I have finally found the time to give the album a few rounds and the resemblance to the later Death releases is really scary at times. Over all it is a very strong album.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8450

Beitragvon rapanzel » 29. November 2012, 08:38

Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:I have finally found the time to give the album a few rounds and the resemblance to the later Death releases is really scary at times. Over all it is a very strong album.

That reference is enough for me to buy the album, thanks!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Beitragvon Hugin » 30. November 2012, 01:42

Yes... great album... just finished my review.
I hope it will also do well amongst the other guys in our soundcheck.
:yeah:
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8241

Beitragvon Jowita » 10. Januar 2013, 22:24

Hugin hat geschrieben:Yes... great album... just finished my review.

It's been a while since I checked the forum... but I have seen your fantastic review - thanks a lot, I'm happy you like the debut of AFTER OBLIVION so much! :smile2:
It was also great to see this album landing on the 3rd position in the Powermetal.de Soundcheck! :yeah:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Hugin » 15. Januar 2013, 02:33

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Hugin hat geschrieben:Yes... great album... just finished my review.

It's been a while since I checked the forum... but I have seen your fantastic review - thanks a lot, I'm happy you like the debut of AFTER OBLIVION so much! :smile2:
It was also great to see this album landing on the 3rd position in the Powermetal.de Soundcheck! :yeah:

Thanks. Well, I think it has deserved the high ranking, and our group therapy proves the point, I guess. All five "therapists" - hailing from very different stylistic fields - did really acknowledge the effort of the band. I'm curious about the ways they will go from that point onwards, stylistically.
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8241

ZurĂŒck zu Heavy Metal labels