STARBLIND - Darkest Horrors

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

STARBLIND - Darkest Horrors

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 8. März 2014, 10:55

Bild

Lovecraft and NWOBHM inspired classic metal for fans of IRON MAIDEN,TOKYO BLADE, ZYON’S ABYSS, early SCORPIONS, CLOVEN HOOF, STEELWING, ROCKA ROLLAS

Coming out at the end of April

Listen to audio samples here: http://stormspell.bandcamp.com/album/darkest-horrors-2
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Re: STARBLIND - Darkest Horrors

Beitragvon Prof » 9. März 2014, 12:30

Whoever (Repka?) is responsible for the brilliant cover painting: :yeah:

As far as the musical references mentioned above go, I don't really hear any Maiden, let alone Zion's Abyss in there. To me the music sounds like classic Gamma Ray (vocals, upbeat atmosphere) with a smattering of latter-day NWoBHM. I'd have to listen to the entire album to see if this one goes on the To Buy-list.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 9. März 2014, 13:06

Thanks Prof, you seem to be the only person interested in my releases here, I really appreciate your input!

The artwork was drawn by Jannick Bouchard. I'm glad you like it. The concept is loosely based on Lovecraft's Dagon story and imitates a 70s horror movie poster. I was already told this is the ugliest artwork for the past decade down at the Corroseum forum, haha.

I hear a lot of Maiden, especially in the bass kick and the drumming style in general. there is a song where vocals are total nod to prime-era Klaus Meine, There is also a 10-minute epic song which reminds me a lot of "The Pharaoh" from Edguy's Mandrake album, which is also very Iron Maidenesque. Apart from one song, the album is very consistent and strong thorughout. I'll be serving the digital promos at promo-cloud.com very soon. If you are not on my list there, please e-mail me and I'll remedy that asap! Cheers!

Any other reviewers interested in receiving our digital promos, e-mail me. Keep in mind you have to have your working e-mail from your media domain, or at least published at your media website, thanks.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Hades » 9. März 2014, 13:39

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Thanks Prof, you seem to be the only person interested in my releases here, I really appreciate your input!

This is certainly not true! Looking forward to the ORDAINED FATE and FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES releases. Shouldn't these have been out by now?
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Boris the Enforcer » 9. März 2014, 21:21

Hades hat geschrieben:
Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Thanks Prof, you seem to be the only person interested in my releases here, I really appreciate your input!

This is certainly not true! Looking forward to the ORDAINED FATE and FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES releases. Shouldn't these have been out by now?

Yes, to FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES. ANCIENT EMPIRE and CRYPIC AXE (ORDAINED FATE) are the ones I am looking forward as well.
Boris the Enforcer
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Pavlos » 9. März 2014, 21:40

Boris the Enforcer hat geschrieben:
Hades hat geschrieben:

Yes, to FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES. ANCIENT EMPIRE and CRYPIC AXE (ORDAINED FATE) are the ones I am looking forward as well.

Count me in, as Im´m also part of this small, but extremly sexy little group of Stromspell Fans!!!
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Prof » 9. März 2014, 22:56

See Iordan, not to worry, enough Stormspell followers here. :smile2:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 10. März 2014, 04:45

Hades hat geschrieben:Looking forward to the ORDAINED FATE and FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES releases. Shouldn't these have been out by now?

Yes, although being a one-man bedroom label has its limitations and setbacks. I just got the ORDAINED FATE cover art done:

Bild

I'm trying very hard to have all 3 (Forgotten Disciple, Ordained Fate, and Chalice) done and available at KIT. although it would be very tight as I'm yet to get all materials from Chalice. but at least FD and OF should make it, fate permitting.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 10. März 2014, 09:45

Really like the STARBLIND artwork. Musik also sounds very interesting
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Hades » 10. März 2014, 16:45

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:
Hades hat geschrieben:Looking forward to the ORDAINED FATE and FORGOTTEN DISCIPLES releases. Shouldn't these have been out by now?

Yes, although being a one-man bedroom label has its limitations and setbacks. I just got the ORDAINED FATE cover art done:

Bild

I'm trying very hard to have all 3 (Forgotten Disciple, Ordained Fate, and Chalice) done and available at KIT. although it would be very tight as I'm yet to get all materials from Chalice. but at least FD and OF should make it, fate permitting.

Thanks!

Sounds (and looks) promising. Can't wait! :yeah:
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Fire Down Under » 10. März 2014, 20:55

STARBLIND cover painting looks like the cover of a PC game like "Die Sims" for Windows 2000 or something like that... :lol:
:ahasoso:

Rumpelkammer

Pommes und Katzen.
Fire Down Under
Rumpel-Pirat

Beitragvon Pavlos » 12. April 2014, 18:57

Listened again to the three tracks.

Though the vocals are ok but nothing special (the singer reminds me of some 90s scandinavian power metal bands like CRYSTAL EYES), the guitar work is amazing. Especially the short twin guitar bits in ´Ascendancy´ are awesome. ´I Stand Alone´ starts with a nice intro and has then some sort of ´Fear Of The Dark´ feeling, plus the solos also sound like Maiden. Nice one.

I think I´m gonna buy this stuff @KIT.
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels