THRASH CLASH Vol.2

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 17. April 2008, 09:14

Metallah hat geschrieben: Can you say something about the overall quality of the Rat Attack CD? Is it worth buying it? Is it better than the last crappy Bloodlust release?

Thanks!
M.

I've been very busy doing taxes past several days and havent had time to check it out yet.

Since it is said to be an official release in collaboration with Tom Azevedo I hope it was pressed from a good source and will be better than Bloodlust. I'll check it out tomorrow while packing orders and let you know.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 17. April 2008, 09:31

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:

I remember speaking briefly to Martin Giguere when he was trying to get rid of all his copies on eBay for pennies - he said the sales were horrible... I bought a CD for $2 and he autographed it for me and also included Pernicious demo tape for free, which was very nice and kind of him.

I dont know why the sales was so bad, perhaps the album got some bad reviews and no one cared for it.

[

WHAT?? A friend of minr bought the box for over 40?.
Every person that has heard the album loves it. I even saw a copy at Keep It True selling for 20? and someone bought it. If you have a contach adress or email, it would be awesome if you could send me a pn, cause I really want to get in touch with the guys.
The sellings were bad? Man, this CD is a collector's item, MAtrin is SO wrong
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 17. April 2008, 21:17

rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:

I remember speaking briefly to Martin Giguere when he was trying to get rid of all his copies on eBay for pennies - he said the sales were horrible... I bought a CD for $2 and he autographed it for me and also included Pernicious demo tape for free, which was very nice and kind of him.

I dont know why the sales was so bad, perhaps the album got some bad reviews and no one cared for it.

[

WHAT?? A friend of minr bought the box for over 40?.
Every person that has heard the album loves it. I even saw a copy at Keep It True selling for 20? and someone bought it. If you have a contach adress or email, it would be awesome if you could send me a pn, cause I really want to get in touch with the guys.
The sellings were bad? Man, this CD is a collector's item, MAtrin is SO wrong

Martin didnt have the collector's boxes with the story books+CD left, he was selling the regular CD version, which is COLLECTORS edition by itself since the booklet is like 100 pages thick, haha!

He had tons of CDs listed on eBay for $2 week in and week out and they very seldom got a bid... I bought one which he autographed for me, and then returned and bought 5-6 extra, which I've sold long time since. This was back in 2002-2003 when eGay hasnt became a gathering of fools yet and one could buy a CD without having to compete with idiots with too much money and too little brains :lol:

I'll try seraching my paypal to see if I can find the payment and extract Martin's address, but dont keep high hopes coz it was too long ago and they probably dont keep archives of it.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 17. April 2008, 21:25

Ok, wasn*t 100 pages :P but something like 30-40. The Book really rules, I still love it very much

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 17. April 2008, 22:51

Okay, I listened to the RAT ATTACK... Good thing is: it doesnt seem to have digital glitches, so I'd say it is better than Bloodlust... Bad thing: whoever "mastered" it turned the enhancing joint stereo effect on once again, so it does set my teeth on edge...

The music is amazingly good, an 80s US classic metal like Malice and Judas Priest.

Live bonuses are low bootleg quality as espected, but since they are bonuses I'm not going to be picky about them

Packaging is your usual OMR: 4-page insert with lyrics and band introduction from Tom which is a good reading.

Overall I'd say it is worth for the song "Holocaust" alone, but dont pay too much for it for sure.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. April 2008, 19:54

Okay, I pulled out my DAYS OF YORE CD and remembered how great this album really is. A fantastic slab of Canadian power metal.

So I did a search in my paypal history and dug out Martin's e-mail.

Let's hope the e-mail is still valid after all those years (I've bought the CDs from him in july 2001, almost 7 years ago!) and hope Martin would be interested in a limited double CD re-release including the two tape demos.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Schorsch » 22. April 2008, 08:07

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: Okay, I pulled out my DAYS OF YORE CD and remembered how great this album really is. A fantastic slab of Canadian power metal.

Let's hope the e-mail is still valid after all those years (I've bought the CDs from him in july 2001, almost 7 years ago!) and hope Martin would be interested in a limited double CD re-release including the two tape demos.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! ;)
It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock 'n' roll!
Schorsch
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon rapanzel » 22. April 2008, 11:11

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: Okay, I pulled out my DAYS OF YORE CD and remembered how great this album really is. A fantastic slab of Canadian power metal.

Man, that would be AWESOME!!!!
But there are 3 demo tapes, not 2 ;)

Imperilled Kingdom Demo, 1997
The Pernicious Town Demo, 1998
By the blood flowing through my veins Demo

If you'll get this stuff re-released.....uff..... :lol:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 22. April 2008, 19:35

rapanzel hat geschrieben:

Man, that would be AWESOME!!!!
But there are 3 demo tapes, not 2 ;)

Imperilled Kingdom Demo, 1997
The Pernicious Town Demo, 1998
By the blood flowing through my veins Demo

If you'll get this stuff re-released.....uff..... :lol:

"The Pernicious Town" actually is the never-released second album. They only released "By the Blood..." promo tape which has songs from it.

P.S. I checked and realized Martin has sent me Imperilled Kingdom tape, not Pernicious as I stated previously, my mistake. I dont think they ever released Pernicious in any format, but I may be wrong. Rumors state it wasnt even recorded in its complete form.

Anyhow, no response to my e-mail yet, but it didnt bounce back either, so there is still hope...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon QuickNick » 17. August 2008, 09:46

Now, what about the plans for Vol. 3 + 4...?!

I heard some really promissing news..! ;)
QuickNick

Beitragvon rapanzel » 17. August 2008, 14:03

QuickNick hat geschrieben: Now, what about the plans for Vol. 3 + 4...?!

I heard some really promissing news..! ;)

As far as I know, some new releases will be spread after the vacation is done ;)
I'm really looking forward to all of them

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 18. August 2008, 23:01

Volumes 3 & 4 would be on their way, if I can only get the bands to send me the materials :rolleyes:

Its like a chess game, sitting here and waiting to see who whill make the move of sending me materials and who will not... I'm more like spectator in this watching from the side at the moment...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 19. August 2008, 09:46

Unbelievable!!
You give young and promissing bands a place to release their stuff, and they don't send you their material??? Man, these bands must have a lot of money....

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon QuickNick » 19. August 2008, 16:50

I can only speak for one of those bands, but they`ve certainly not enough money...

But I will kick their asses some more... ;)
QuickNick

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. August 2008, 23:14

I've discussed and negotiated everything with Linnea yesterday. No need to "kick her arse" coz it only adds unnecessary tension.

I think I should follow Shadow Kingdom's policy and stop making announcements so often for this very purpose.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels