Quintuple THRASH attack 2/5: Martyrd - Maniac

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Quintuple THRASH attack 2/5: Martyrd - Maniac

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 18. Oktober 2008, 23:00

Alrighty, the second CD from the Quintuple THRASH attack would be:

MARTYRD - Maniac CD - a new promising band from Queens NY playing technical thrash metal in the vein of the old Bay Area masters. If you're like one of us, an oldfart proudly stuck in the 80s still enjoying the ole Testament, Heathen, Laaz Rockit, Nuclear Assault, and Overkill albums, you definitely should give MARTYRD a listen.

Bild
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

BeitrÀge: 692

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 18. Oktober 2008, 23:04

Wow, that cover-art is... ehm... different. Looks cool!
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

BeitrÀge: 12509

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 19. Oktober 2008, 03:49

the story behing this artwork is too long and somewhat bitter to be told. Let's just say it would have been totally different if it was up to me and the band werent so dead-set on some details... *cough*cough*... oh well, the music is very good though
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 19. Oktober 2008, 10:18

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben: Wow, that cover-art is... ehm... different. Looks cool!

It looks like just another old Hannibal Lecter thing to me, but it probably fits the music (haven't heard it yet).
Then again, thrash album covers never won any originality prizes. Realm's magnificent Endless war (by artist Chi Cioni) and Heathen's Breaking the silence (by Kent Matthews) being two exceptions that spring to mind.
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 19. Oktober 2008, 13:32

Well, I can tell ya it looked very cool before the band insisted to have his mouth nad nose rotted away, and adding this bizzare hair... before it was thrash metal cover, now it is death metal gore cover...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon QuickNick » 19. Oktober 2008, 15:20

The cover is a bit much IMO...

But the music is fuckin`killer - very mature and skilled stuff, with unique vocals - brilliant!
QuickNick

Re:

Beitragvon QuickNick » 23. Juli 2011, 00:48

QuickNick hat geschrieben:The cover is a bit much IMO...

But the music is fuckin`killer - very mature and skilled stuff, with unique vocals - brilliant!

Since I finally got that CD, I can confirm my above quote. Great album!
QuickNick

Re: Re:

Beitragvon rapanzel » 23. Juli 2011, 11:46

QuickNick hat geschrieben:
QuickNick hat geschrieben:The cover is a bit much IMO...

Since I finally got that CD, I can confirm my above quote. Great album!

Indeed! :yeah:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Re: Quintuple THRASH attack 2/5: Martyrd

Beitragvon Prof » 5. August 2011, 15:01

After some delay, during the past few months, in ordering stuff, the 'Maniac' CD by Martyrd is finally rotating in the player as I'm writing this. I'd sampled some of the tracks a while back, the impression of melodic, fine-tuned powerthrash and an above-average vocalist I had back then holds up nicely this Friday. Song number 4, 'Trapped within', is a small gem that reminds me of 'Ride the lightning'-era Metallica. Why? Because of the vocals, the organic time changes and extremely tight playing, because of the first guitar solo (an absolute adrenalin-kicker) and the way the song is structured.
As these recordings date from 2008, one wonders what the guys are currently up to. Anyway, this a recommended release for those who prefer a healthy portion of speed and melody in their thrash. Oh, and lest I forget: this album has an actual production, too. :smile2:

* A bit later in the day *
After a few more spins I cannot - praise the Lord and pass the ammo - detect anything that would link Martyrd's style to that of the notoriously un-tight Nuclear Assault. The 'Ride the lightning' worship factor comes across pretty loud and clear throughout the album. Nothing I can't handle, though.
Prof
Traveller

Re: Quintuple THRASH attack 2/5: Martyrd - Maniac

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 6. August 2011, 00:42

Did I ever compared Martyrd to Nuclear Assault? :oh2:

I think they are more into ARTILLERY vein (By Inheritance circa). Very tight, with razor-edged riffs and amazing solos. Vocals are an acquired choice, but once you get used to them, they actually work and add exotic flavor.

I'm baffled by the idiotic review at metal-archives. Whoever wrote it was either deaf or listened to a wrong album.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Re: Quintuple THRASH attack 2/5: Martyrd - Maniac

Beitragvon Prof » 6. August 2011, 02:40

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Did I ever compare Martyrd to Nuclear Assault?

See your first posting. :smile2:
Prof
Traveller

ZurĂŒck zu Heavy Metal labels