Quintuple THRASH attack 5/5

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. Oktober 2008, 05:54

You gotta know when big hitters like Exodus and Testament fail to deliver there should be someone coming to the ultimate 2008 thrash rescue. And indded someone came, and boy did he fill the shoes of the big ones and then some! So here it is, the final and most prized jewel in the quintuple thrash attack package... the one and only... the LICH KING!

All bow to the King, the one and only! The King got so popular we even got Ian McKellen calling and asking for the honor of recording the album intro. He didnt ask for any payment either, just a bottle of lemon water - that's how big LK fan Ian is! Now its your turn to prove how big fan you are - send us $11.99 and we may even send you a CD :lol:

Bild
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

BeitrÀge: 692

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 21. Oktober 2008, 07:27

I hope the vocals are better than on the record before, cause I could not stand listening, though the instrumental part was really great, but the vocals ruined it.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

BeitrÀge: 17627

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. Oktober 2008, 08:31

Its still the same dude, he has improved in my opinion, but the odds are you still probably may not like it :)

Apart from being on my label obviously, this album is my pick for the album of 2008 so far and perhaps for the thrash album of the new millennium too.

Yes it is cheaply recorded and underproduced, and vocals may rub you on the rough side. Apart from that, though, it is one big, endless, zesty, maniacal riffing extravaganza from start to finish... it is one of the very few albums today I can put in my cd player and feel hitting the repeat button over and over until my ears start bleeding. Maybe I'm crazy, or it just hits my soft spot, but I'm hopelessly addicted to it. I even like the "Black metal sucks" cheeky tune :)
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 21. Oktober 2008, 08:54

Just listened to some new songs on myspace and I have to say it is better, but I think me and the singer won't get lifetime friends... ;)
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

BeitrÀge: 17627

Beitragvon QuickNick » 21. Oktober 2008, 09:08

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: Apart from being on my label obviously, this album is my pick for the album of 2008 so far and perhaps for the thrash album of the new millennium too.

High set of expectations, man! :o
QuickNick

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. Oktober 2008, 10:19

I rate it so highly, yes, for my personal taste anyway.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

ZurĂŒck zu Heavy Metal labels