New releases coming out in January

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 14. Dezember 2008, 15:41

Time to start revealing some of my next releases. In no particular order:

NARVAL (classic Rainbow meets Dio - very epic and dramatic. Feat. Dantesco and Sacrilegio members).

The booklet will come with dual coverartwork, one submitted by the band, and one by me. Below you can see my artwork:

Bild
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 14. Dezember 2008, 16:47

Wow. THAT's what I call an artwork. Hell Yeah!
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Acrylator » 14. Dezember 2008, 17:29

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben: Wow. THAT's what I call an artwork. Hell Yeah!

Yes, the artwork itself looks really good (although it's a really simple composition) - but the color of the band's name is a too harsh contrast in my eyes (but that definitely gets attention, hehe).
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Pavlos » 14. Dezember 2008, 17:46

Acrylator hat geschrieben:
Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben: Wow. THAT's what I call an artwork. Hell Yeah!

Yes, the artwork itself looks really good (although it's a really simple composition) - but the color of the band's name is a too harsh contrast in my eyes (but that definitely gets attention, hehe).

Yeah, thats what I also thought before even reading Acrylator´s reply. The color of the band logo somehow doesnt fit the background color, imo. But the fucking warrior/druid/whatever dude looks great. Is this a older version of the manowar cover warrior guy? ;)
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 15. Dezember 2008, 08:35

Haha, sorry. Initially I was thinking on going on along with the analogous color scheme the artwork is based on and coloring the logo accordingly, but then on a whim decided to go complementary and give it a big punch.

I know that there are many designers, especially in computer graphics or fashion, which deem the red and green color combination forbidden and call it "Red and Green should not be seen except upon an Irish queen" ;) and there is a good reason for it (just check how unreadable the King's Ransom booklet became with red text on green background), but in my case I'll be using it only on the cover for giving the logo a punch, so I'm going for it.

The barbarian on the cover has nothing to do with Manowar. He is actually the Green Knight from the medieval poem about Sir Gawain's adventures. We just tweaked him a bit so he looks like Erico La Bestia, sort of ;)
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 15. Dezember 2008, 08:44

<a href='http://www.myspace.com/narvalpr' target='_blank'>http://www.myspace.com/narvalpr</a>
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 15. Dezember 2008, 10:41

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: We just tweaked him a bit so he looks like Erico La Bestia, sort of ;)

You should have given him sme more belly then.... ;)
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 15. Dezember 2008, 14:13

Oh well, being a person who wears XXXL shirts myself I'm more than sympathetic and willing to close my eye on such details ;)
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 15. Dezember 2008, 14:20

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: Oh well, being a person who wears XXXL shirts myself I'm more than sympathetic and willing to close my eye on such details ;)

Me too.... :lol:
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Acrylator » 15. Dezember 2008, 15:55

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: Haha, sorry. Initially I was thinking on going on along with the analogous color scheme the artwork is based on and coloring the logo accordingly, but then on a whim decided to go complementary and give it a big punch.

I know that there are many designers, especially in computer graphics or fashion, which deem the red and green color combination forbidden and call it "Red and Green should not be seen except upon an Irish queen" ;) and there is a good reason for it (just check how unreadable the King's Ransom booklet became with red text on green background), but in my case I'll be using it only on the cover for giving the logo a punch, so I'm going for it.

The barbarian on the cover has nothing to do with Manowar. He is actually the Green Knight from the medieval poem about Sir Gawain's adventures. We just tweaked him a bit so he looks like Erico La Bestia, sort of ;)

Well, usually I'd also say never use red on green (or the other way around).
But on this cover it's not that bad, because a big part of the area behind the logo is a rather "yellowish" green.
Not the best choice of color, but it could have been worse (it would have looked really bad if the logo was placed under the axe. I mean not only the position but the color in that area)
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Cimmerer » 15. Dezember 2008, 20:32

Sounds good, the artwork looks nice, too. The colours remind me a bit of the Frost and Fire Artwork by Michael Whelan.
Cimmerer
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Pavlos » 15. Dezember 2008, 22:56

The Dude is wearing Dickonson´s Belt from the Powerslave Tour!!!
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 19. Dezember 2008, 02:27

The RAPIDFIRE artwork has arrived!

Rapidfire is the band who has arisen from the ashes of HELLHOUND. They trampled the fields of classic metal in league with Californian comrades like Leatherwolf, Malice, Rellik, Omen, Savage Grace to name but just a few.

The band did develop a sizable local following and had developed enough material for a full-length album, but they broke up in 1993 and the album never got released. So here is your chance to get yourself acquired with another piece of classic US metal history, enjoy.

Bild
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 19. Dezember 2008, 06:43

Another double CD+DVD set coming out in January:

ANACRUSIS - Annihilation Complete: The Early Years Double CD+DVD Set

Bild

[i]?The ultimate collection of material from the very early days of the band before they were signed to a record deal. Raw, moody, and epic as basement tapes go, the ANNIHILATION COMPLETE demos were but the seed of what was to come...?
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 19. Dezember 2008, 08:53

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels