NITEFALL - Red Moon Rising CD

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

NITEFALL - Red Moon Rising CD

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 1. April 2009, 10:51

I'm glad to announce that Stormspell Records will be releasing a compilation of all 3 demos by the mighty NITEFALL from Ohio. Fans of epic power/doom a-la early Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus should take notice.

Artwork by Raul Gonzalez:

Bild
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Re: NITEFALL - Red Moon Rising CD

Beitragvon rapanzel » 1. April 2009, 10:57

Cool :wink:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 1. April 2009, 11:03

Never heard anything of NITEFALL, but if they sound like SEVERE WARNING, onyl with a different singer, then I'll put it on my want list. And the cover looks great, as ever, nice job!
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Prof » 1. April 2009, 11:53

My doom intake has always been extremely modest. But if it's on Stormspell, then I'll probably like this one as well (like the Sarge, I'd never heard of Nitefall either - where do you dig up that stuff?).
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 1. April 2009, 21:39

Sgt. Kuntz hat geschrieben:Never heard anything of NITEFALL, but if they sound like SEVERE WARNING, onyl with a different singer, then I'll put it on my want list. And the cover looks great, as ever, nice job!

No, they don't sound like SEVERE WARNING at all! Nothing thrashy, punky, or raw as SW are known for, just pure epic power metal with doom influences.

I'll post samples as soon as we get the audio remastered (hopefully in about two weeks).

The cover is an experiment. Alan is temporarily unavailable at the moment and I thought its a good time to get a crude traditional "hand-drawn" artwork for all those "digital haters" which voice their displeasure every time they see my new artworks. I think Raul did a great job, but I personally still prefer Alan works better. But I've decided that with Stormspell I'll try everything, so here we go.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 1. April 2009, 21:49

Prof hat geschrieben:My doom intake has always been extremely modest. But if it's on Stormspell, then I'll probably like this one as well (like the Sarge, I'd never heard of Nitefall either - where do you dig up that stuff?).

I'm not the biggest doom fan either. I only like faster and powerful "doom" like early Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, etc. and NITEFALL fits in that category.

I had the demos for a long time and enjoyed them and always wanted to put out NITEFALL on Stormspell. Took me 3 years to get in contact with the band, but finally I was lucky and worked it out.

I have absolutely no idea why everyone praises SEVERE WARNING so much and no one ever knows about NITEFALL. Its one of the mysteries in metal as NITEFALL is about 97 times better than SW... :wink:
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 1. April 2009, 22:12

Well, I only know SEVERE WARNING from their contributions to a couple of sampler, it was the first Cleveland Metal and Heavy Artillery sampler. Nothing wrong with both tracks, especially "Metal Malice" is an amazing instrumental.

But your description of NITEFALL sounds even more promising!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 2. April 2009, 00:15

Yeah, I guess SEVERE WARNING was much more popular coz they played a lot more live and had quite a cult following on the Cleveland 80s scene. NITEFALL was born on the ashes on SW, stripped down to power trio with Ace the Raven handling guitar and vocal duties. Hugely influenced by Candlemass, they even took the name after Candlemass' 1987 album.

NITEFALL left a heritage of 3 fantastic 4-song demos between 90 and 92. They also had a 4th demo in planning, but sadly it was never recorded and as it seems Ace will not be able to find usable rehearsals/live cuts from it to add as bonuses. He is looking right now, but the chances are not very good I guess. Regardless, the 3 demos are more than worth to be put out by themselves (12 tunes of fast-paced powerful crunchy darkness).
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 2. April 2009, 10:29

Thanks for all the background info, Iordan. Sometimes it seems the stuff just falls into your lap by divine intervention. 8)
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 3. April 2009, 01:39

I wish you were right :lol:
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Dezibel » 3. April 2009, 11:32

I also never heard of the band so far, but it sounds very promising and since I know that you deliver only quality releases I'll definetely am going to check them out. By the way, the cover artwork is simply fantastic. I think that you should work a lot more with this guys. One of the best covers you had so far on Stormspell if you ask me (and I no, I'm not one of those digtal haters, I only hate those that are badly made...which are like 80% :wink: )...
Derzeitig favorisierte akustische Beschallung:
Bild
Herzel (FRA) - Unis Dans La Gloire (2015)

Metal ex Machina
Steel for an Age Fanzine - Issue #4 out now!
Dezibel
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 28. Mai 2009, 21:17

Jesus, what a bunch of killer demos!

I just got the chance to listen to NITEFALL, these are some skull crushing demos if I ever heard any. The first demo "Back Tomorrow" had some restrained doom elements, but mainly POWER metal, and the other two are just packed with more pure energy!

Don't break the Seal, the instrumental "Wings of Fate", "Death reigns here alone" or the ripping "On the Edge". I'm not exaggerating here, this is just unbelievable good, and hard to make a comparison. Maybe "Master Control" by LIEGE LORD comes close or old OVERKILL, but easily as good as those!

What a discovery, can't wait for the CD release!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon rapanzel » 29. Mai 2009, 12:25

Got the 3 demos last week and they are killer. Reallly looking forward to your release, Iordan!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 31. Mai 2009, 20:16

It's surely great to read that their will be a decent re-release of both Target albums (first one hasn't ever been released on cd I think).
Will there be a proper re-release for bands like Visitör and Last Descendants as well? Would be great, since 'One Nation Under God' is sold on ebay for ridiculous prices.

About Nitefall, it's on my wantlist and so is Enforcer.
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 31. Mai 2009, 20:38

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:It's surely great to read that their will be a decent re-release of both Target albums (first one hasn't ever been released on cd I think).
Will there be a proper re-release for bands like Visitör and Last Descendants as well? Would be great, since 'One Nation Under God' is sold on ebay for ridiculous prices.

About Nitefall, it's on my wantlist and so is Enforcer.

Really??? Got my copy of "One NAtion..." VG for only 8€ at Keep mIt True Festival. But I agree, a re-release of thins, icluding the fantastic demo would be awesome. The VISITÖR is very easy to get, well it's a bootleg, but a 1:1 copy of the original pressing with fantastic sound!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels