STORMSPELL NEWS

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: STORMSPELL NEWS

Beitragvon Loomis » 29. November 2009, 00:21

On the last KIT they sold No Place like Home LPs new for 3 Euros. I doubt there would be a big market for a rerelease of that one... :cry:
Loomis
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 29. November 2009, 00:27

I'm talking about a CD re-release ofcourse. Re-mastered, demo material, extras, information. You name it.

Does anyone know anything about a possible cd-reissue of the first two Hexx albums? The Apocrypha albums have been reissued by Shrapnel a month ago or so. If I'm not mistaken, those two records never were issued on cd (except for crappy bootlegs)
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 29. November 2009, 00:38

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:I'm talking about a CD re-release ofcourse. Re-mastered, demo material, extras, information. You name it.

Does anyone know anything about a possible cd-reissue of the first two Hexx albums? The Apocrypha albums have been reissued by Shrapnel a month ago or so. If I'm not mistaken, those two records never were issued on cd (except for crappy bootlegs)

The problem is that Mike Varney just doesn't care about a reissue, he's lost his interest in metal (business and music wise) long ago. If you need HEXX, grab a LP or a bootleg-CD or you will wait forever.
Zuletzt geändert von Sgt. Kuntz am 29. November 2009, 01:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 29. November 2009, 01:04

Yeah No Place like Home LPs always sold out for dirt cheap. I've seen them listed on Hellion website for about 3-5 Eur for ages in the past. With such crappy artwork no wonder anyone picks it up I guess. Although the album is awesome - one of the top 10 obscure 80s US metal albums in my books.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 29. November 2009, 19:06

I'm not really into LP's so that's why I would love to see some more work on compact disc. It's understandable my wishes aren't enough to track down rights and release it, but I can sure try it ;).
Target was a prime example of how to re-release such work, that's why I'm dreaming on about bands like Last Descendants and Siren.

About Hexx, I own a bootleg of the two records (on one cd) and soundwise it's just crap. Since my record player broke down I'm more into cds. Varney had the idea of re-releasing the old stuff from Vicious Rumors and Hexx a few years ago along with Apocrypha, so since Apocrypha was released a few weeks ago, I was getting my hopes for the other ones as well.

Btw, was 'No Place Like Home' ever released on cd in the eighties?
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 30. November 2009, 03:43

Hey man, that's fine. Just keep in mind not everything is so easy and straightforward. Things with TARGET worked coz Franky was very pumped up and interested in working with me and helping me make a good release. Also Ralf was very easy to work with and supportive. With other bands it just doesnt work this way. I've been probing SIREN for years now, and the situation is still very complicated to say the least.

Or bands like CYPERUS, ISCARIOT, LABYRINTH, KINGSBANE, etc. which are interested, but the projects are so low priority for them it never works out and there's nothing I can do to make it happen. I've been long enough in this to learn when it is worth to keep pushing, and when to move on to something realistic.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Dezibel » 30. November 2009, 11:56

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:Varney had the idea of re-releasing the old stuff from Vicious Rumors and Hexx a few years ago along with Apocrypha, so since Apocrypha was released a few weeks ago, I was getting my hopes for the other ones as well.

Both Vicious Rumors albums (Soldiers of th Night, Digital Dictator) have just been reissued by Shrapnel as well. So maybe Hexx is just around the corner...

Even though the rereleases are not getting anywhere near Iordan's work quality wise, they're better than nothing.
Derzeitig favorisierte akustische Beschallung:
Bild
Herzel (FRA) - Unis Dans La Gloire (2015)

Metal ex Machina
Steel for an Age Fanzine - Issue #4 out now!
Dezibel
METAL GOD

Beitragvon The Butcher » 30. November 2009, 12:15

In my opinion the Shrapnel re-releases are just horrible. If all CD releases looked like this, I guess I would refuse buying CDs any more.
Butcher with stone tools
Carcass of their prey
Savage intention
Carnivorous feast commence
The Butcher
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 30. November 2009, 12:49

Those Vicious Rumors re-issues better be good, coz I just ordered copies for my own collection. Varney may not like metal anymore, but he surely ain't selling it cheap! Those are the most overpriced re-releases I've seen in a long time! At $17.00 a piece they better have a booklet bigger than a single fold-out!
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon The Butcher » 30. November 2009, 13:58

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Those Vicious Rumors re-issues better be good, coz I just ordered copies for my own collection. Varney may not like metal anymore, but he surely ain't selling it cheap! Those are the most overpriced re-releases I've seen in a long time! At $17.00 a piece they better have a booklet bigger than a single fold-out!

VICIOUS RUMORS and APOCRYPHA re-releases: slim digipak, no booklet, no lyrics, no bonus tracks O.o
Butcher with stone tools
Carcass of their prey
Savage intention
Carnivorous feast commence
The Butcher
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 30. November 2009, 14:12

Ugh! I hate those slim digipacks, they always come with broken teeth and never fit properly on my cd rack :-X/2
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 30. November 2009, 22:53

That's cheap! Damn, sounds pretty worthless. Oh well, probably I'll just buy the Apocrypha re-releases (except for Area 54 , since I already own that one). They can keep VR, I own them as well on cd.
I'm keeping my hopes up for Hexx, though, would be great.

About the digipacks, I thought those Metal Mind re-releases were okay, but those versions had booklets with linernotes and lyrics. Varney seems to be the same cheapskate as ever.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 27. Januar 2010, 01:52

Okay some news so you guys know we're not dead yet:

First the bad news: KINGSBANE has been delayed until Fabien can locate the master tapes. At this time I have no idea how long this will take...

Now the good news: LAST DESCENDANTS have been found and they got plenty of material for a zesty demos collection release, maybe a double CD set, or even CD+DVD. We'll know after we evaluate the materials. There could be a new album coming out too, plus some live shows for the lucky people living in Bay Area, so stay tuned.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Frank Jaeger » 27. Januar 2010, 16:24

Nice!
Frank Jaeger
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 4. Februar 2010, 17:47

Fuck yeah, that's great news!
Would that mean One Nation Under God will be re-released as well with the demo material as a magnifient bonus? Still hard to find. Should be great if it's done the way like the Target albums have been re-released.

You're a God, already ;)

EDIT
Zuletzt geändert von Scarred For Life am 4. Februar 2010, 19:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels