STORMSPELL NEWS

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: STORMSPELL NEWS

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 8. November 2009, 11:56

Oh scheise, one of Helle's packages is missing too. I really hate German customs! :(

Please e-mail me with the package details and I'll see what I can do, thanks.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 8. November 2009, 11:59

E-Mail sent...
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 8. November 2009, 13:03

Archive video of Robyn Danger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFlJYAJm2g
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 8. November 2009, 13:37

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Archive video of Robyn Danger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFlJYAJm2g

Now that video really makes me look forward to the Stormspell disc. Extremely strong vocals, like Doro taking things up a notch or two. The drummer's helmet haircut (maybe it's a hairstyle?) is a joy to behold, reminds me of one the goblins in NY's long forgotten Sinful.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 9. November 2009, 02:25

I'd like to make it clear this song is not on the CD. The story is that the first line-up of Robyn Danger was actually pre-RELLIK. So what you see here is actually Rellik with Robyn instead of Mike Moore on vocals. They split sometime in 83-84 and Robyn took the name with her, while the band became Rellik and acquired Mike Moore on vocals.

The material on the CD is exclusively by Robyn's own band which started from 1985 onward.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 14. November 2009, 00:58

What about the debut album from Dutch tech-thrash band Genetic Wisdom, re-released with some remastered demo-material. I won't begin about their second album (terrible groovecorethrash), but 'The Fear Dimension' could sure use a fresh master/mix in my opinion. I own the original and it sounds way too thin. Perhaps their old singer could re-record the vocals as well ;)
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 14. November 2009, 02:15

This band was always too groovy for my taste. I'd rather re-release Sacrosant if given a chance.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 14. November 2009, 13:30

groovy? have you even heard their debut album 'The Fear Dimension'? Classic tech-thrash in the vein of Forbidden (Twisted into Form period) and Atrophy (and a lot of other bands). Not much groove to be found there. Their second album 'Humanity on Parole' was infected with groove (including the singer of Sacrosanct) and -core influences.
BTW, Genetic Wisdom has reunited with the line-up of the second album, practicing for some gigs here in Holland.

About Sacrosanct, I could try and get you in touch with their old drummer (Ronny Scholten; he also tortures the drums in Genetic Wisdom) and since Lucarelli re-entered GW that shouldn't be much of a problem I guess. Since the old singer (Dennuz Bos) of GW is a mate of mine I asked him about re-releasing The Fear Dimension last week. He said: 'Only if I can re-record the vocals' ;)
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Prof » 14. November 2009, 13:47

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:groovy? have you even heard their debut album 'The Fear Dimension'? Classic tech-thrash in the vein of Forbidden (Twisted into Form period) and Atrophy (and a lot of other bands). Not much groove to be found there. Their second album 'Humanity on Parole' was infected with groove (including the singer of Sacrosanct) and -core influences.
BTW, Genetic Wisdom has reunited with the line-up of the second album, practicing for some gigs here in Holland.

About Sacrosanct, I could try and get you in touch with their old drummer (Ronny Scholten; he also tortures the drums in Genetic Wisdom) and since Lucarelli re-entered GW that shouldn't be much of a problem I guess. Since the old singer (Dennuz Bos) of GW is a mate of mine I asked him about re-releasing The Fear Dimension last week. He said: 'Only if I can re-record the vocals' ;)

GW's ex-bassist Ralph is easy to contact as well: he's a booker at the Atak club in Enschede, The Netherlands. All the guys are still active within the music scene as far as I know. But a re-release of Sacrosanct's 'Truth is... what is' would definitely fit in more with Stormspell's catalogue. That's a hard album to come by nowadays, so it would make sense. Brilliant sci fi artwork, too. Just my two cents. :smile2:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Siebi » 14. November 2009, 13:54

The whole Sacrosanct stuff is <3 , also Pyracanda.
The old No Remorse Records connection seems to be working. What about Hucky Heppke?
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Prof » 14. November 2009, 14:08

Siebi hat geschrieben:The whole Sacrosanct stuff is <3 ,

Indeed it is, with 'Tragic intense' being their stand-out album for me.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 14. November 2009, 15:34

I own Recesses for the Depraved and I like it as well.
You're right though, Ralph is easy to contact.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 15. November 2009, 03:28

Hey dont get too carried away now. I said I'd prefer Sacrosanct to GW, but neither is high priority on my list for now. Maybe down the road in the future, who knows. Sacrosanct would be hard to get, given they were not on one, but on two defunct labels (No Remorse and 1MF). Although a limited Triple box-set featuring all 3 albums and the demo is quite appealing.

By the way "Tragic Intense" is about the only alterna/grunge album I'm able to listen to and enjoy. Quite good for its genre.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 28. November 2009, 14:04

The first two Wrath albums (Fit of Anger and Nothing to Fear) could be interesting, with demo material, if available.
It's about time someone should re-release those. The same goes for the first two Angel Dust discs. Ridiculous prices on egay. Or what about the two releases from Siren (US) No Place like Home and Financial Suicide. Also on AAARRG right?
I'll just keep on dreaming.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 29. November 2009, 00:12

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:The first two Wrath albums (Fit of Anger and Nothing to Fear) could be interesting, with demo material, if available.

Havent listen to those albums in ages, but from what I recall they werent my cup of tea...

The same goes for the first two Angel Dust discs. Ridiculous prices on egay.

Those were supposed to be re-released by Century Media few years ago, but the bootlegs surfaced and I guess the idea went south of heaven. Not really a project for a small indy label, especially at this economy.

Or what about the two releases from Siren (US) No Place like Home and Financial Suicide. Also on AAARRG right?
I'll just keep on dreaming.

"No Place Like Home" was on Flametrader, second one was on AAARRG. I'm still in talks for the demo collection release which will essentially have early versions of most songs on "No Place..." Unfortunately there are too many parties involved not in the same set of mind so it may not happen.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels