STORMSPELL NEW RELEASES MARCH 23/2010

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

STORMSPELL NEW RELEASES MARCH 23/2010

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 12. März 2010, 12:52

Bild

STORMSPELL RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENTS:
5 NEW RELEASES OUT ON MARCH 23, 2010:

NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER AT http://stormspell.bigcartel.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bild

SENTINEL BEAST - Up From the Ashes CD SSR-DY40
Release date: March 23, 2010
Format: CD in Jewel case, 16-page stapled booklet
Limited to 1000 copies

Massive collection of all 80s demos by this cult female fronted power/speed outfit from Sacramento, California. Some serously underrated material, easily on par with the songs on "Depths of Death," if not even better.

Presented in a nice package with 16-page stapled booklet with detailed band bio, lyrics, tons of archive photos, and brand new custom artwork.

For fans of: Znowhite, Detente, Savage Grace, early Iron Maiden, Heathen, etc.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686741-c61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bild

CROSSWIND - Opposing Forces / Beyond CD SSR-DL42
Format: CD in Jewel case, 12-page stapled booklet
Limited to 1000 copies

Premier Euro Power metal from the land of the gods, delivering a fusion of NWOBHM melody, German speed and technique, and Classic US epic sound.

For fans of: Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, early Queensryche, etc.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686795-eaf

Bild

MORBID SIN - Sins of the Flesh SSR-DL43
Limited to 1000 copies

MORBID SIN was formed by Bobby Lucas (ex-SEVEN WITCHES and current OVERLORDE
singer) in 1985 during his senior year of High School. Influenced by bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Overkill, Mercyful Fate, and Exciter, MORBID SIN was a blend of crunchy riffs, piercing screams, melody, tempo changes, and bombastic drumming.

"Sins of the Flesh" is the one and only MS album so far. Recorded back in 1998, but shelved and never released until today.

Fans of US classic/power metal a-la HELSTAR, SEVEN WITCHES, OVERLORDE, RAVENSTHORN, etc. should take note.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686772-bdb

Bild

PROFANATOR - Deathplagued CD SSR-DL44
Limited to 1000 copies

Raw intense blackened thrash metal for fans of early Slayer, Sacrifice, Absu, Ares Kingdom, early Mayhem, etc.

12-page booklet with all lyrics and custom artwork by Santiago Armengod

Recommended for fans of:
early Slayer, Sacrifice, Absu, Ares Kingdom, early Mayhem, etc.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686775-a6f

Bild

MILITIA - Fiend of Misery CD SSR-DY45
Limited to 1000 copies

80s Progressive power/thrash from Bay Area. Recorded in 1988-1989 and way ahead of their time! Think of classic 80s-era Metallica combined with early Fates Warning.

Clocking at 32 minutes this cd is on a short side playing-wise, hense the reduced price, but it is worth every second of it.

For fans of early Mystic-Force, Realm, Toxik, Last Descendants, early Fates Warning, etc.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686776-d66

Bild

SENTINEL BEAST: CD + T-shirt Combo
Format: CD + Silkscreened T-shirt
Limited to 100 copies

We got a CD + T-shirt combos, strictly limited to 100. Available sizes from M to 3XL
(2XL and 3XL sizes are very limited! first come, first serve basis!)

NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER AT http://stormspell.bigcartel.com
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Re: STORMSPELL NEW RELEASES MARCH 23/2010

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 12. März 2010, 13:55

Mmmhh, always a feast for the eyes, congratz to those super sexy covers. MILITIA and MORBID SIN are must haves for me.

But really, if i were more into collecting CDs i would buy just every Stormspell CD, with those cover artworks and limited pressings they sure become quite collectible sooner or later.

Different question: did you ever thought about doing CDs with bands from your home country like EPIZOD, ICEBERG, TROTYL, AHAT, ER MALAK and so on? Now that would rule...
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Chris75 » 12. März 2010, 14:42

Oh yes, I don't know the others, but Epizod and Ahat would be great!
Chris75
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Hades » 12. März 2010, 15:06

Great news! SENTINEL BEAST, MILITIA and MORBID SIN will be ordered.
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Pavlos » 12. März 2010, 22:07

Hades hat geschrieben:SENTINEL BEAST, MILITIA and MORBID SIN will be ordered.

Same here. Can´t wait for this brilliant stuff.
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Acurus-Heiko » 12. März 2010, 22:53

Pavlos hat geschrieben:
Hades hat geschrieben:SENTINEL BEAST, MILITIA and MORBID SIN will be ordered.

Same here. Can´t wait for this brilliant stuff.

All three ordered, too!
Metal is "orchestrated technological Nihilism" (Lester Bangs) and "heroical Realism" (me)

Bild
Acurus-Heiko
Metalizer

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 13. März 2010, 03:31

Sgt. Kuntz hat geschrieben:Different question: did you ever thought about doing CDs with bands from your home country like EPIZOD, ICEBERG, TROTYL, AHAT, ER MALAK and so on? Now that would rule...

Yes, as you can see from my avatar I'm working on HADES(BUL) - they were an awesome Bulgarian speed/thrash band in the 80s. They only existed from 1986 to 1988 and never released anything official in their time, but they do have 12 songs which are going to see the day soon.

I'll open a new thread to post some audio in few minutes.

Regarding the other bands. I'm only interested in re-releasing 2nd EPIZOD album, but the band has folk metal image now and doesnt want to see the old true metal albums re-released, so...

AHAT are a huge joke these days. They never recorded anything worth past "The March". Apparently the only person in the band who could write songs was Bojo, and since he gave up on his civil life and is living in monastery, this band is virtually dead.

ICEBERG - They are called LAVINA now, same story as EPIZOD.

ER MALAK - both albums have been re-released

All in all, I'm very cautious re-releasing Bulgarian bands, as apart from a few collectors, no one else gives a shit, and I cannot afford to have releases which does not sell past 50-100 copies...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 13. März 2010, 10:26

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:
Sgt. Kuntz hat geschrieben:Different question: did you ever thought about doing CDs with bands from your home country like EPIZOD, ICEBERG, TROTYL, AHAT, ER MALAK and so on? Now that would rule...

Yes, as you can see from my avatar I'm working on HADES(BUL) - they were an awesome Bulgarian speed/thrash band in the 80s. They only existed from 1986 to 1988 and never released anything official in their time, but they do have 12 songs which are going to see the day soon.

I'll open a new thread to post some audio in few minutes.

Regarding the other bands. I'm only interested in re-releasing 2nd EPIZOD album, but the band has folk metal image now and doesnt want to see the old true metal albums re-released, so...

AHAT are a huge joke these days. They never recorded anything worth past "The March". Apparently the only person in the band who could write songs was Bojo, and since he gave up on his civil life and is living in monastery, this band is virtually dead.

ICEBERG - They are called LAVINA now, same story as EPIZOD.

ER MALAK - both albums have been re-released

All in all, I'm very cautious re-releasing Bulgarian bands, as apart from a few collectors, no one else gives a shit, and I cannot afford to have releases which does not sell past 50-100 copies...

Thanks for the info, i knew that you were at least trying to work something out. I'll check out HADES, sounds very interesting. Of course, no illusions about the general interest in such exotic bands, not many people would naturally dig into these and the risk might be to high. Maybe if HADES works out well, you'll consider another try or two.
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Titus » 13. März 2010, 22:24

WĂĽrde jemand fĂĽr mich mitbestellen zwecks Versandkostenersparnis? Ăśberweisung geht dann natĂĽrlich unverzĂĽglich raus! Bitte via PN melden.
I live in metallic fury
Titus
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Prof » 15. Mai 2010, 10:41

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:STORMSPELL RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENTS:

Bild

MILITIA - Fiend of Misery CD SSR-DY45
Limited to 1000 copies

80s Progressive power/thrash from Bay Area. Recorded in 1988-1989 and way ahead of their time! Think of classic 80s-era Metallica combined with early Fates Warning.
Clocking at 32 minutes this cd is on a short side playing-wise, hense the reduced price, but it is worth every second of it.

For fans of early Mystic-Force, Realm, Toxik, Last Descendants, early Fates Warning, etc.

Audio samples: http://www.divshare.com/playlist/686776-d66

I honestly think this release has not yet gotten the attention it deserves, so let me give it a bit of a push.
Anyone into technical thrash from the Bay Area is well advised to check out Militia at their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/militia89

This five-piece band had it all: writing skills, technical prowess, a strong vocalist, solid lyrics, energy and power in spades. And, yes, just that little bit of je ne sais quoi that lifts them out of the ordinary and generic. The five killer tracks on this essential Stormspell release testify to this 'other' Militia's manifold qualities.
I would not associate their style with early Fates Warning and Mystic-Force, although especially the first part of the epic 'Accursed winter' has a fair bit of their feel. The Toxik and Realm comparisons, however, more or less fit the bill. There is a pretty strong echo of the tougher side of the 'Texas' sound in there as well, at least to my ears.
Do give them a listen if you haven't done so already. This easily is one of this year's best 'archeology releases' (I don't have to tell you that the packaging is vintage Stormspell, do I?).
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Frank Jaeger » 15. Mai 2010, 14:33

I agree! Just received my package for my shop, and I must say I am quite impressed with this one (and with Morbid Sin also). Crosswind is a bit less spectacular, but well done Speed Metal of the old school kind, and Sentinel Beast is Sentinel Beast, which is the best on can say about it. I love it.
Frank Jaeger
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 19. Mai 2010, 14:11

Aye Iordan, did you (by any chance) contact a guy named Ruud from a Dutch metalzine called Metalfan.nl ?
Anyway, I heard you were quite enthusiastic about my reviews (although there Dutch :P ). Many thanks and I will keep them coming. I will place a new order when Last Descendants comes out.
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. Mai 2010, 01:30

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:Aye Iordan, did you (by any chance) contact a guy named Ruud from a Dutch metalzine called Metalfan.nl ?
Anyway, I heard you were quite enthusiastic about my reviews (although there Dutch :P ). Many thanks and I will keep them coming. I will place a new order when Last Descendants comes out.

Awesome. thanks man, appreciated!
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 3. Juni 2010, 12:37

Any idea yet when those releases set for june will be released?
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 4. Juni 2010, 01:00

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:Any idea yet when those releases set for june will be released?

Yes June 15. I'll open a new topic for them in a second. After that I'll have one more batch before going to Bulgaria in August/September.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels