SKELATOR

Schreibt euch die Finger wund ĂĽber das groĂźe Thema "Metal" - ĂĽber neue Platten, neue Bands, Konzerte etc.

Moderator: Loomis

Re: SKELATOR "Agents Of Power" songs online and album detail

Beitragvon holg » 12. Mai 2012, 23:23

Hugin hat geschrieben:
Jowita hat geschrieben:Anyway, we'll be looking forward to reading the review in Powermetal.de! Sorry, I can't remember now who was going to review which CDs (maybe you were going to review SACRED GATE or MORTALICUM?) - just too much going on at KIT. :)

Yes, I've gotten SACRED GATE and MORTALICUM to do the reviews, and Holg will do SKELATOR.

holg already listened to the Skelator album once and he is quite enthusiastic.
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Moppes » 12. Mai 2012, 23:26

holg hat geschrieben:
Hugin hat geschrieben:
Jowita hat geschrieben:Anyway, we'll be looking forward to reading the review in Powermetal.de! Sorry, I can't remember now who was going to review which CDs (maybe you were going to review SACRED GATE or MORTALICUM?) - just too much going on at KIT. :)

Yes, I've gotten SACRED GATE and MORTALICUM to do the reviews, and Holg will do SKELATOR.

<3
I wanna do bad things with you....
Moppes
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Jowita » 12. Mai 2012, 23:30

holg hat geschrieben:
Hugin hat geschrieben:

Awesome! :)
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 12. Mai 2012, 23:50

holg hat geschrieben:
Hugin hat geschrieben:

...and rightly so!
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Pavlos » 13. Mai 2012, 07:50

Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:
holg hat geschrieben:
Hugin hat geschrieben:

...and rightly so!

My lovely mister singing-club, here is a quick summary:

SKELATOR put out an album, Jowita (obviously) loves it, Hugin hasn´t heard it yet, holg is quite enthusiastic and Raf Blutaxt seems to love it too.

Since I already bought the CD on KIT: I definitely should give this album a listen.....NOW.

What will happen next? Will I like it? Will I be dissapointed? Will holg change his mind? Will Hugin ever put the CD in his player? Will FC BAyern München win the Champions League? And what about Raf Blutaxt´s thoughts and feelings?

Tune in on the next episode of "Agents Of Power". Coming soon to a thread near you....
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Pavlos » 13. Mai 2012, 08:37

:ehm:

Oooops. Sorry.

Too much coffee and no sleep at all last night.

@ topic:

I really love the "Death To All Nations" album, so I´m really excited about how the new stuff sounds. Right now, without having listened to the new album, I´m a little bit confused about the "4 normal songs and the rest is a concept" thing. At which point of the song writing process did the band decide this rather unusual approach? Not, that it really matters, but I´m always curious about such things.

But enough talking from me, I´m heading for my CD rack, it´s time for "Agents Of Power"...NOW.
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Jowita » 13. Mai 2012, 15:47

Pavlos hat geschrieben::ehm:

Oooops. Sorry.

Too much coffee and no sleep at all last night.

@ topic:

I really love the "Death To All Nations" album, so I´m really excited about how the new stuff sounds. Right now, without having listened to the new album, I´m a little bit confused about the "4 normal songs and the rest is a concept" thing. At which point of the song writing process did the band decide this rather unusual approach? Not, that it really matters, but I´m always curious about such things.

But enough talking from me, I´m heading for my CD rack, it´s time for "Agents Of Power"...NOW.

Haha, Pavlos, your previous post was entertaining to read actually. :lol:
Well, hope SKELATOR will win another soul! ;)

To answer your question about "normal" (and not) songs...
No worries, ALL songs are 100% SKELATOR. It's just that the first 4 are not connected lyrically (only the title track a little bit), while the 12 remaining ones form a concept story, which has more "epicness" to it. But musically it's the SKELATOR you know - as a matter of fact, you might know 2 of those songs in their previous versions: "The Dark Tower" (from "Time Of The Sword Rulers") and "Stormbringer And Mournblade" (we put the demo version on our compilation vol. 2 in 2009).

If you know their previous works, you know that they have quite versatile compositions, from epic heavy, through speed metal to even some more thrash (and if you have "Time Of The Sword Rulers", you should remember "Heavy Metal Sacrifice" with a Venom touch and "Wrath Of Odin's Sons" with some black metal elements) and on the top of this: the theatrical speeches of Jason. The songs for the epic about Elric had been worked on for about a decade, so the new album is not exactly SKELATOR AD 2012 as for the songs themselves.
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 13. Mai 2012, 15:51

Agents of Power is a really good record. Both parts, the four classic metal songs and the Elric concept effort are well thought-out, composed and played. While I did at first wonder about the sound of the record, I am now happy with it and only the drums still irk me somewhat.
Agents of Power is a fast opener to kick off this record, The Gates Of Thorbardin with its lyrics about a Dragonlance novel hit my soft spot for cheap fantasy novels and Dungeons & Dragons, The Rhythm Of the Chain is a really cool rocker and only Dream Dictator doesn't really grab my attention. The Elric part of the record is epic as hell, the short interludes never break the flow of the music and the songs never wander of into the regions of too much pathos, which epic metal so often does. The attention to detail in the lyrics shows clearly that the Elric concept is a labour of love and being a nerd at heart, I really appreciate that.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Jowita » 13. Mai 2012, 16:04

Raf Blutaxt hat geschrieben:Agents of Power is a really good record. Both parts, the four classic metal songs and the Elric concept effort are well thought-out, composed and played. While I did at first wonder about the sound of the record, I am now happy with it and only the drums still irk me somewhat.
Agents of Power is a fast opener to kick off this record, The Gates Of Thorbardin with its lyrics about a Dragonlance novel hit my soft spot for cheap fantasy novels and Dungeons & Dragons, The Rhythm Of the Chain is a really cool rocker and only Dream Dictator doesn't really grab my attention. The Elric part of the record is epic as hell, the short interludes never break the flow of the music and the songs never wander of into the regions of too much pathos, which epic metal so often does. The attention to detail in the lyrics shows clearly that the Elric concept is a labour of love and being a nerd at heart, I really appreciate that.

Wow, that's a great indepth review! :smile2:
You're certainly right about the labour of love... Jason and the guys are nerds themselves, really into fantasy stuff and games (Jason even works - or worked, not sure if he still does - for a company testing games). :cool2:

What helps their music to stay away from too much pathos while being epic is the fact that they are quite aggressive (including Jason's singing) and of course that they don't have a keyboardist in the band (which almost always means a huge dose of cheese and "power" metal that we don't like).

As for "Dream Dictator", for me personally it's one of the favourite songs. It's almost doomy in some parts, but most of all it reminds me of Judas Priest. I asked Jason if the lyrics are about Freddy Krueger, but he never answered this question, haha.
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Acrylator » 13. Mai 2012, 17:03

Really very nice artwork! (Haven't heard their music so far)
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Jowita » 13. Mai 2012, 21:10

Acrylator hat geschrieben:Really very nice artwork! (Haven't heard their music so far)

You can listen to 3 songs from this album and 2 plus 2 from the previous ones from the SKELATOR page on our website. :cool2:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Tokaro » 14. Mai 2012, 18:07

"Death To All Nations" was a really good album and the 3 new songs sound great again. When we will see the band in germany at KIT or HOA? :smile2:
Tokaro
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Jowita » 14. Mai 2012, 19:07

Tokaro hat geschrieben:"Death To All Nations" was a really good album and the 3 new songs sound great again. When we will see the band in germany at KIT or HOA? :smile2:

If we had any influence on this, they'd have already played at KIT (or HOA)! We just hope the new album is able to convince Oliver more to them.

The best way, if you want to see a band at a festival, is to create more buzz about them - posting about them on forums especially... perhaps suggesting the bands you want to see directly to the festival organizers, so they'd see there is some actual interest from the fans (and not just the label owners). :)

So c'mon people, help us (and the band)!!! :cool2:

One thing's for sure: SKELATOR are a killer live band. They play almost every month in Seattle, so they've got a huge live experience (not to mention they exist since 14 years!). Here's a YouTube playlist I assembled from some chosen live clips (though there are also 3 promo clips in the beginning):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL542303322882BCBB

Please spread and share it! :yeah:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon bernie666 » 26. Januar 2013, 12:02

Wir sind sehr stolz euch die geniale Scheibe von SKELATOR zum Metal Assault als Vinyl zu präsentieren. Kommt auf schwerem 180g Vinyl im Gatefold als Doppel LP mit 5 BONUSTRACKS!!!
Limitiert auf 350 StĂĽck, nur in schwarzem Vinyl, keine farben!
Vorbestellungen sind willkommen und die Scheiben können auch direkt beim Metal Assault abgeholt werden.
http://www.metalizer-records.de/shop/index.php?a=4291
Zuletzt geändert von bernie666 am 26. Januar 2013, 13:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
bernie666
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Moppes » 26. Januar 2013, 12:14

bernie666 hat geschrieben:Wir sind sehr stolz euch die geniale Scheibe von SKELATOR zum Metal Assault als Vinyl zu präsentieren. Kommt auf schwerem 180g Vinyl im Gatefold als Doppel LP mit 5 BONUSTRACKS!!!
Limitiert auf 350 StĂĽck, nur in schwarzem Vinyl, keine farben!
Vorbestellungen sind willkommen und die Scheiben können auch direkt beim Metal Assault abgeholt werden.
http://www.metalizer-records.de/shop/index.php?a=4291

geil - bestellt :smile2:
I wanna do bad things with you....
Moppes
JOHN ARCH

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal Universe