Exciter Re-Releases

Schreibt euch die Finger wund über das große Thema "Metal" - über neue Platten, neue Bands, Konzerte etc.

Moderator: Loomis

Beitragvon Metallah » 5. Dezember 2004, 19:57

Hi!

Aufgepasst!

Im Moment wird (u. a. auch bei Hellion) eine Exciter CD angeboten, die man u. U. für den angekündigten Re-Release von Megaforce Records halten könnte. Die Rede ist von "Violence & Force".

Lest am besten selbst, was Jeff Waters auf der Amazon Seite (nach Exciter suchen) dazu geschrieben hat. Scheinbar erscheinen die Re-Releases erst in 2005 auf MEGA-Force Records (keine Ahnung, ob das ein neues Label in Abwandlung von Megaforce sein soll oder tatsächlich dort sein wird). Bei Megaforce selbst findet man GAR NIX, null Information.

Scheint so, als wolle das alte Label jetzt noch mal schnell ein wenig Geld mit dieser CD verdienen und natürlich auch Hellion, wo die CD seit kurzem gelistet ist.

Falls jemand aktuelle Infos zu dne Re-Releases hat, wäre es schön, diese hier gepostet zu sehen... .

MfG
M.

P.S.: Hier der Link:

<a href='http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00067Z250/qid=1102269486/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8__i1_xgl15/104-1941728-4660748?v=glance&s=music&n=507846' target='_blank'>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846</a>

Und hier der Text, den Jeff Waters (der wohl auch Amazon Kunde ist) gepostet hat:

The above review is not at all accurate. I am the prducer/engineer that re-mastered much of the Exciter catalogue that IS YET un-released. The cd (violence and force) that this above reviewer talks about WAS NOT MASTERED BY JEFF WATERS (myself). It is merely a re-release with bonus material but Jeff Waters DID NOT re-master this title. The "Waters-re-mastered" Exciter titles will come out in 2005 on Mega-Force Records.

Just want to clarify this mis-information; the NEW Waters Exciter re-masters are far superior to the old original titles.

Jeff Waters

Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

1 out of 5 stars REMASTERED??? The 'Phantom Remastered' Classic., November 29, 2004

Reviewer: George Trapezanidis "Kill City Inc." (Australia) - See all my reviews

Oh dear!!!
Once a while some good news breaks out about a long forgotten classic metal-treasure that's about to hit the stores all over again, which maybe the very last time, not to mention all this supposed re-mastering and extras, just to name a few, that will be featured on this very one and only past loved one. So what happens next? Well.........the dedicated head banger can't wait to get his greasy little fingers on it, without having to pull out his old vinyl copy that has been played something like 1000 times, and all you can hear on it now is some pest distortion remenisering of the good old metal days. Well guys, this was supposed to be the way that one and only legendary 'VIOLENCE and FORCE'was to enter back into your lives, this one more, but last time...........so I thought!!!
Sadly, they shouldn't had even bothered. It is no different than the STEAMHAMMER (SPV) release many years ago, and even further than that, no different than the Megaforce '2 for the price of one' that was released even before that. The worst part of it all is that it still ***DOES NOT*** feature the awesome bulldozer of a track 'EVIL SINNER'. Now that's what I call a total let down. I heard all the talk on CKCU FM about how Mr Jeff Waters supposed remastered and painstakingly put all the pieces together that once was the "Kings of Thrash", EXCITER. Well........I don't know about anyone out there, but I frankly can't tell any difference in the sound between my 'Steamhammer' copy, and this latest letdown. Actually they even time themselves exactly the same as each other on my CD player's track-timer. This is one of the best ever albums in the history of Thrash, Heavy, Speed Metal you name it! I rank it amongst my 10 best ever, even along side IRON MAIDEN's Killers, without a doubt in the world.............but to re-release a Metal God like this,.......no way man. I'll stick to my distorted vinyl. What the hell happened Jeff?

Since my review above, I was contacted by Mr Jeff Waters trying to convince me that I got it all wrong. Well, if I got it all wrong I explained, so did another 100+ other Exciter fans that were looking forward to this release, remastered, bonus tracks and all. I also made note to him that it was his words I directly quoted and not something I made up out of my head, and I quote the following excerpt is a word for word portion from that interview that Mr Waters done with Dan Beehler on CKCU FM which can also be found online for download at: www.BraveWords.com
"Yeah...well it's the opposite now, it's, Megaforce has got, gonna release, I think they're releasing one title called `Violence and Force', uhmm November 9th worldwide, and ahhh that's gonna be a big deal for Europe, I'm sure, and a bit in the States and of course our own country, hopefully, and then they're gonna release the rest of the catalogue in the early 2005 year, and ahh-I was lucky not only to get the stuff back but I was able to take the old twenty-year-plus masters on some of this stuff and remaster it and salvage it, I was literally sometimes taking vinyl records and renting turn tables and cartridges buying the cartridges and loading them into the computer trying to get rid of the clicks, crackles and pops, with, with modern technology and software and ahh, the whole process was an absolute nightmare, but ahh, the end result is, is, you've got like, tons of Exciter records sounding a lot better than they did in the err, early days with tons of stuff for the fans, like bonus videos and all this stuff, so it's-it's, Dan just went back to the ahh, the vault and found himself a ton of really cool photos featuring the guys in the band with a lot of names, that you know, that they toured with....................so that's the Exciter story to-date as far as ahh, the catalogue, that's our big news....." - Jeff Waters talking on 93.1 CKCU Radio Carleton

I'll let you be the judge of the rest!!!
Metallah

Beitragvon Cthulhu » 5. Dezember 2004, 20:41

Danke für die Info. Aber V & F ist doch wirklich vor einigen Jahren Re-Released worden. Was is' jetzt da dran so schlimm?

EDIT: Achso, hab's jetzt erst ganz gelesen. Alles klar. Naja, als Re-Release werd' ich mir sowieso nur die kaufen, die ich bisher lediglich auf LP hab. V.a. das Götterwerk "Exciter" mit dem Jahhundertsong "Scream Bloody Murder" und das Debüt.
Cthulhu
Sacred Metal-Legende

Zurück zu Heavy Metal Universe