Ready to go?

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Ready to go?

Beitragvon Siebi » 28. Februar 2011, 17:14

See this "board" headline since a few weeks and wonder why nothing will be discussed or news from the label get posted. I guess this area is concerning Metal On Metal records from Italy with Jowita and her husband, isn't it?

So I'll start with a short notice. The 2nd Heathendom CD "The Symbolist" is released. Has anyone heard it and would like to leave a short note?

On the Internet site of the label a video of the title track exists. Sounds okay but not so doomy and dark as expected.

Siebi
Spaceman

BeitrÀge: 18470

Re: Ready to go?

Beitragvon rapanzel » 28. Februar 2011, 19:09

Wow, haven't heard anything yet from the new album, but this sounds much more technical with thrashy influences!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Beitragvon maniacdom » 28. Februar 2011, 20:24

I heard the new album for a start. My first impression is very good.
I think there are more technical thrash influences than on the first album.

It's an album, which I must hear more frequently.
maniacdom
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

BeitrÀge: 991

Beitragvon Pavlos » 1. MĂ€rz 2011, 12:45

By the end of this week the new HEATEHNDOM album will be making some spins in my player.

*crossing fingers*

:yeah:
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

BeitrÀge: 24786

Beitragvon Jowita » 1. MĂ€rz 2011, 23:17

Greetings to all

So, finally, here I am! :wink: First of all I wanted to say big thanks to Michael for letting us have our space on this cool board, we're really honoured!
And thanks to Siebi for the "kick" to start posting! :-D I think I'm not much of a social type of creature and not really used to using any forums, but I'll do my best to keep you updated about our bands, releases, tour dates and other stuff you might find interesting.

I didn't start posting here earlier 'cause it's a really crazy-busy period here now... We're finalizing our release plan for 2011 and at the last moment there are surprises, as usually - some good, some bad. And we really needed to focus on this not to be late with the releases. But right now it looks like we've got it all under control finally and we can send all tracks for mastering for our our new "Compendium Of Metal" compilation (that will be out at the KEEP IT TRUE festival).

For now I can say we've already signed 2 new bands. Well, not so "new" actually 'cause one (power/thrash from USA) is from '87 and the other (old school thrash/death/black/speed from Germany) is from... '83! :) And most probably we'll release also a never previously released '92 album of one technical thrash band from USA, but this is not 100% sure yet. As much as I'd like to reveal their names already, we have to wait with the press releases, meanwhile preparing the grounds for this... Anyway, it looks like 2011 will be quite a thrash (and power/thrash) dominated year for us.

OK, so this would be it for the short introduction... I'll post some news in separate threads.

Cheers! :yeah:

Jowita
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 158

Beitragvon Jowita » 1. MĂ€rz 2011, 23:24

Pavlos hat geschrieben:By the end of this week the new HEATEHNDOM album will be making some spins in my player.

*crossing fingers*

This morning we sent a few HEATHENDOM albums... If you ordered directly from us (I don't know your name, sorry :) ), I'm sure you will receive it in the next days. It usually takes 3 days for stuff to arrive in Germany.
Hope you'll enjoy their new CD! :yeah:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Dezibel » 3. MĂ€rz 2011, 15:58

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Pavlos hat geschrieben:By the end of this week the new HEATEHNDOM album will be making some spins in my player.

*crossing fingers*

This morning we sent a few HEATHENDOM albums... If you ordered directly from us (I don't know your name, sorry :) ), I'm sure you will receive it in the next days. It usually takes 3 days for stuff to arrive in Germany.
Hope you'll enjoy their new CD! :yeah:

Got mine already in February from you guys so the album has had quite a few spins now and I can only say that I'm very impressed with the big leap forward the band has taken. The debut was already a great piece of metal, but the new album is absolutely breathtaking in some parts. I'm really looking forward to seeing them perform live the sunday after UTH in Athens. Too bad it probably collides with the usual after-UTH-dinner with the bands and everyone involved, so I somehow gotta split my time. Hopefully club and taverna won't be too far away from each other...;o)
Derzeitig favorisierte akustische Beschallung:
Bild
Herzel (FRA) - Unis Dans La Gloire (2015)

Metal ex Machina
Steel for an Age Fanzine - Issue #4 out now!
Dezibel
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1460

Beitragvon Jowita » 3. MĂ€rz 2011, 22:20

Dezibel hat geschrieben:Got mine already in February from you guys so the album has had quite a few spins now and I can only say that I'm very impressed with the big leap forward the band has taken. The debut was already a great piece of metal, but the new album is absolutely breathtaking in some parts. I'm really looking forward to seeing them perform live the sunday after UTH in Athens. Too bad it probably collides with the usual after-UTH-dinner with the bands and everyone involved, so I somehow gotta split my time. Hopefully club and taverna won't be too far away from each other...;o)

Hey Dezibel,
Glad to hear you're enjoying "The Symbolist". It's definitely not an easy album and may require quite a few spins to really get into it, but once you do... :)

Cool to know you'll be at UTH! We'll bring the WISHDOOM and CATCH 22 CDs for you there then. Yeah, there's always this meeting in the tavern on Sunday evening, damn, I totally forgot about it. On HEATHENDOM's page it's written that the show starts at 19:30, but I'm not sure if it's the start of their show or of the support bands. I'll ask the band about it.

Anyway, the "7 Sins" club is close to the big Omonia square, within about 10 minutes walking distance from Exarchia square and the tavern. It used to be called "Texas Necropolis" (for UTH in 2007) and "Sin City" (for UTH in 2008).
See ya soon!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon rapanzel » 4. MĂ€rz 2011, 08:45

Got mine on Thursday. My first impression was right, much more technical and better than the debut!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Beitragvon Dezibel » 4. MĂ€rz 2011, 17:59

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Dezibel hat geschrieben:Got mine already in February from you guys so the album has had quite a few spins now and I can only say that I'm very impressed with the big leap forward the band has taken. The debut was already a great piece of metal, but the new album is absolutely breathtaking in some parts. I'm really looking forward to seeing them perform live the sunday after UTH in Athens. Too bad it probably collides with the usual after-UTH-dinner with the bands and everyone involved, so I somehow gotta split my time. Hopefully club and taverna won't be too far away from each other...;o)

Hey Dezibel,
Glad to hear you're enjoying "The Symbolist". It's definitely not an easy album and may require quite a few spins to really get into it, but once you do... :)

Cool to know you'll be at UTH! We'll bring the WISHDOOM and CATCH 22 CDs for you there then. Yeah, there's always this meeting in the tavern on Sunday evening, damn, I totally forgot about it. On HEATHENDOM's page it's written that the show starts at 19:30, but I'm not sure if it's the start of their show or of the support bands. I'll ask the band about it.

Anyway, the "7 Sins" club is close to the big Omonia square, within about 10 minutes walking distance from Exarchia square and the tavern. It used to be called "Texas Necropolis" (for UTH in 2007) and "Sin City" (for UTH in 2008).
See ya soon!

Hi Jowita,

surprisingly I didn't find it that hard to get into the new album. Actually I thought that it was even a bit more accessible than the first one.

19:30h is very likely the opening band, which will be Accelerator. A really great band that you should definitely check out as they would also be a perfect match for your label. Check them out here:

http://www.myspace.com/acceleratortheband

As the venue is indeed not very far we will also try to attend both, even though it's kind of a shame for Heathendom since some of the potential visitors will be at the dinner.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to meeting you guys in Athens. Will you be in town for the warm-up already?

See you soon!
Bild

Metal ex Machina
Dezibel
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Jowita » 5. MĂ€rz 2011, 00:28

Dezibel hat geschrieben:Hi Jowita,

surprisingly I didn't find it that hard to get into the new album. Actually I thought that it was even a bit more accessible than the first one.

19:30h is very likely the opening band, which will be Accelerator. A really great band that you should definitely check out as they would also be a perfect match for your label. Check them out here:

As the venue is indeed not very far we will also try to attend both, even though it's kind of a shame for Heathendom since some of the potential visitors will be at the dinner.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to meeting you guys in Athens. Will you be in town for the warm-up already?

See you soon!

I think you mistook something. ;) Accelerator don't play there and on that day at all (I also checked it on their MySpace page... and while they're not bad, they didn't really impress me). There's only DISHARMONY, SOLID FAITH and X-PIRAL supporting HEATHENDOM. Here's more info about the Sunday 14th show at "7 Sins" club:
http://www.facebook.com/heathendom#!/ev ... 0801679069
Lefteris from HEATHENDOM told me they'd hit the stage around 21:45-22:00. Apart from the obvious reason (that "MOM" wants to see the "children" :wink: ), I'm really curious to see how they progressed as a LIVE act since we saw them at UTH in 2008.

And yes, we're planning to go to the warm-up show too... I just got an e-mail from Manolis saying that DEXTER WARD (you know, his new band), STRIKELIGHT and SPEEDWHORE will play there as well as SACRED STEEL (just a short show). But I found this, more complete info on the club page: http://www.batcity.gr/event/warm-party. So it looks like the Italians from AXEVYPER will be there too! Not too shabby, saw them live already and they're fun!
Cheers!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Dezibel » 5. MĂ€rz 2011, 01:59

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Dezibel hat geschrieben:Hi Jowita,

See you soon!

I think you mistook something. ;) Accelerator don't play there and on that day at all (I also checked it on their MySpace page... and while they're not bad, they didn't really impress me). There's only DISHARMONY, SOLID FAITH and X-PIRAL supporting HEATHENDOM. Here's more info about the Sunday 14th show at "7 Sins" club:
http://www.facebook.com/heathendom#!/ev ... 0801679069
Lefteris from HEATHENDOM told me they'd hit the stage around 21:45-22:00. Apart from the obvious reason (that "MOM" wants to see the "children" :wink: ), I'm really curious to see how they progressed as a LIVE act since we saw them at UTH in 2008.

And yes, we're planning to go to the warm-up show too... I just got an e-mail from Manolis saying that DEXTER WARD (you know, his new band), STRIKELIGHT and SPEEDWHORE will play there as well as SACRED STEEL (just a short show). But I found this, more complete info on the club page: http://www.batcity.gr/event/warm-party. So it looks like the Italians from AXEVYPER will be there too! Not too shabby, saw them live already and they're fun!
Cheers!

Hmm, that's strange since George from Accelerator told me about the gig and said that they would be supporting. As this was a couple of weeks ago I gotta ask him again about it. We will go anyway since we definitely gotta see Heathendom, I won't miss out on that opportunity. I'm curious to see how the singer handles the vocals in a live situation.

As we will already be in Athens from Monday on we will definitely be at the warm-up show as well. I'm looking forward to hear some of the new Dexter Ward compositions as last year's promo really grew on me over time. Manolis invited us over for rehearsals so I am rather curious to see if they will pursue the more epic approach of a song like "Antarctic Dreams" or carry on going into a straighter direction as with the other two songs. I'd prefer the first option but I'll guess they will stick with a mixture of both just like on the last Battleroar album which in the end is not a bad choice at all.

Axevyper for me are okay, but it's the same as with all the bands out of the Assedium camp: it has the right approach but it's really nothing special. Maybe they can persuade me live. We will have to see.

Strikelight put on a really good show at last year's warm-up and I'm really looking forward to their new material as well even though I prefered the more obscure voice of their former singer.

Anyway, UTH sounds very promising again and I'll guess we'll have a great time just like every year. Can't wait to catch our flight and get to Athens.
Bild

Metal ex Machina
Dezibel
METAL GOD

ZurĂŒck zu Heavy Metal labels