"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: "RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

Beitragvon Hades » 23. November 2012, 12:45

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:I've unearthed my very last Aerian Rage, Battle Cry, and Max Planck copies which are available for grabs at $9.99, hurry!

Sale is active, info here: http://ymlp.com/zRTvpW

:yeah: Placed my order this morning. Can't wait...
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Boris the Enforcer » 12. Dezember 2012, 00:30

I hope it is okay when I bring this post from the Corroseum on December 6th over here to this board.
But I am not sure about slot 9 because on the Stormspell Page this said this is meant to be for ISCARIOT.

Havent posted update in a while. We are down to the last available slot of the RWH series. As always nothing is written in stone and until I have all materials requiterd for the cd production nothing is certain, but tentatively speaking here's how the reminging volumes are shaping to look like:

Vol.09: STRYCTNYNE - Demo Anthology CD (True heavy metal for Manowar fans)

Vol.10: SHADOWCAST - Demo Anthology CD (Classic power metal with progressive influences for fans of Crimson Glory and early Queensryche)

Vol.11: REGIME - Demo Anthology CD Killer power prog from Texas for fans of classic era Fates Warning and Crimson Glory

Vol.12: CAPTAIN TRIPS - The Dance of Untruth CD (Speed/thrash from Down Under)

Vol.13: CHALICE - One Final Sin: Demos and rarities CD Uber-arcane classic metal for fans of Omen, Dio, Tyrant (US)

Vol 14: DISCIPLE - Demo Anthology CD (Bay Area heavy/power metal featuring Rellik, Rapid Fire, Hellhound members)

Vol 15: ?
Boris the Enforcer
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon rapanzel » 12. Dezember 2012, 08:35

Finally CAPTAIN TRIPS and REGIME :yeah:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Prof » 20. Dezember 2012, 18:09

The 'Arisen' demo compilation from Portland's ancients Iscariot is well worth the cash. Arcane, epic and mystic metal for the chronically archaic, so to speak. Anyone into Tyrant (US), Lazarus Sin or the 'Blackend mystery' album by Nightmares End are well advised to give this one a listen.
The closing track, 'Bless me father (for I have sinned)', preceded by an unusual instrumental called 'The unicorns of Osmium', is a stand-out epic of 9 minutes and 14 seconds. It has an eerie atmosphere most bands can only hope to achieve.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 20. Dezember 2012, 20:09

Prof hat geschrieben:The 'Arisen' demo compilation from Portland's ancients Iscariot is well worth the cash. Arcane, epic and mystic metal for the chronically archaic, so to speak. Anyone into Tyrant (US), Lazarus Sin or the 'Blackend mystery' album by Nightmares End are well advised to give this one a listen.
The closing track, 'Bless me father (for I have sinned)', preceded by an unusual instrumental called 'The unicorns of Osmium', is a stand-out epic of 9 minutes and 14 seconds. It has an eerie atmosphere most bands can only hope to achieve.

Listen to the Profman! Excellent album, as are the Detest and Restless Breed CD's, the rest is probably also great, but I haven't had the time to listen to it yet.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Titus » 23. Dezember 2012, 15:36

Some more opinions on the latest RWH releases? Probably they are all great, but I'm afraid I won't get all of them. I know that I definitely will buy the Iscariot and Destest, still thinking about (Deadly) Assassin and Restless Breed.
I live in metallic fury
Titus
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Siebi » 23. Dezember 2012, 15:49

Titus, don't want to disappoint you. But you've got to have them all. If you're into Speed and Thrash, Coldsteel and Arachnid would satisfy mostly. :wink:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Prof » 23. Dezember 2012, 18:02

As for the 2CD-compilation of Sweden's Detest (pre-[Beyond] Twilight), I can say that it has some interesting material, but I would, however, not rate it as essential as Iscariot's 'Arisen'.
Throughout the songs, you hear young musicians looking for their sound without worrying too much if the parts fit together. Vocallines are often a hit-and-miss affair, and some of the guitar solos might be characterized as 'acquired taste', but that's all part of the naive fun of these recordings.
If you're into a Manowarish type of metal with a clear Scandinavian melodic edge (and often downright silly lyrics), you might take to this one quickly, though.

If I had to pick a favourite track, it would be the closer of CD number 1, 'The shambles of Styx' (yes, the title's a bit of a shambles, too). It's a relentless midtempo banger that clocks in at 8 minutes and 18 seconds. I'd also like to mention 'Chains of hell' (6:26). It has that natural old school heaviness that does not come from overblown production or compression in the mastering process, but from the composition itself. Like 'The shambles...', it's simple and straightforward, but has a a strange abrupt ending.
As always with Stormspell, the booklet is a treat. Guitarplayer Micke Därth comments on each track (there's 28 of them!) and is interviewed as well on the last three pages.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Titus » 23. Dezember 2012, 19:03

Generally speaking, I am into Thrash but I'm listening to it far less than I used to a couple of years ago and actually I prefer to listen to my personal "classix" then and not to much interessted in getting into new bands honestly.
I listened to all of the featured songs on the stormspell page and my conclusion of 2-2-2 (must have-maybe-no need) is taken from that.

Detest are from Sweden, aren't they? Hm, seems like you were a little bit "disappointed" of that one? Nevertheless, I am quite into that kind of stuff currently and don't want to miss again one those gems as I did with the Aerian Rage. Stormspell lim. 500 is different from Arkeyn Steel records which are mostly available even years after their release...
So, still interessted in opinions on Assassin and Restless Breed. ;)
I live in metallic fury
Titus
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Prof » 23. Dezember 2012, 19:22

Titus hat geschrieben:Generally speaking, I am into Thrash but I'm listening to it far less than I used to a couple of years ago and actually I prefer to listen to my personal "classix" then and not to much interessted in getting into new bands honestly.
I listened to all of the featured songs on the stormspell page and my conclusion of 2-2-2 (must have-maybe-no need) is taken from that.

Detest are from Sweden, aren't they? Hm, seems like you were a little bit "disappointed" of that one? Nevertheless, I am quite into that kind of stuff currently and don't want to miss again one those gems as I did with the Aerian Rage. Stormspell lim. 500 is different from Arkeyn Steel records which are mostly available even years after their release...
So, still interessted in opinions on Assassin and Restless Breed. ;)

Detest indeed are from Sweden, thanks for the correction.
'Disappointed' is perhaps too strong a word for the compilation. I do not regret buying it at all actually.
Be aware that the 'Death dance' demo - featured on the second disc - was recorded with a drum computer, as that was the band's only option at that time. I'd like to again stress the fact that it is the imperfection of the material that has its own charm.

I skipped Restless Breed and Arachnid, as I never was much into that Teutonic sound and certain types of thrash respectively. A lot of thrash metal is just too monotonous for me.
As for the Coldsteel compilation, that's a cool thing of course. Still, I haven't decided yet on whether to purchase it or not. I know the band's work from back in the day, but that style of thrash metal never did much for me.
Give me Armor Column any day!
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 19. Januar 2013, 03:41

I've just being told the US Postal Services will be increasing shipping rates on January 27th. So take advantage of the current sale now, as FREE shipping option on orders of 9 or more CDs could be a history soon...

Major increase in international prices!

Small flat-rate priority box: now is $16.95, after January 27th -> $23.95
Medium flat-rate: now is $47.95 -> $59.95
Large flat-rate box: now is $60.95 -> $77.95

Express EMS flat-rate envelope: $38.00 -> $44.95
Express EMS flat-rate box: $74.95 -> $79.95

definitely the end of the free shipping era... :(
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 20. Januar 2013, 06:07

The forthcoming USPS rate increases on January 27, 2013 are going to SEVERELY impact any U.S. seller that ships internationally. Most low-weight parcel costs are DOUBLING.

First class international rates at low weights are more than doubling.

For example, a compact disc in jewel case in a bubble mailer is normally a 5-ounce parcel. The current international postage cost is $6.12.

As of January 27, the postage cost will be $12.75...

So yeah, the shipping cost on one cd will start at $12.75 and go up from there...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 20. Januar 2013, 06:08

I'll be closing the webstore briefly on January 25th to configure the new shipping rates into the cart. If you planned to buy 1-2 CDs, now is the time.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 20. Januar 2013, 10:45

I've been trying to work the nightmare with the US Postal Office new international shipping prices and here's what I came up to so far. I still like to keep the "buy more, pay less shipping" incentive, so it is preserved, albeit requires bigger quantities to be achieved:

1 CD = $9.45 (with jewel case in bubble envelope, via First Class mail (also known as regular airmail))
2-4 CDs = $12.75 (w/o jewel cases in bubble envelope, via First Class mail)
5-6 CDs = $14.90 (w/o jewel cases in bubble envelope, via First Class mail)
7-8 CDs = $16.75 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
9 CDs = $18.60 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
10-16 CDs = $10.00 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
17 CDs and more = FREE shipping (w/o jewel cases in priority flat-rate envelope)
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 20. Januar 2013, 12:30

The new US Post shipping rates will surely have a negative impact on internet sales as a whole. It's disastrous for US sellers whose clientele is mainly located overseas, ergo bad for the US economy. And all this in an era where global trade through webstores is rapidly increasing. What an infinitely stupid decision of the US Postal Office.
Will European internet dealers benefit from this? Probably to a certain extent. But merchandise from the US that is sold over here, in Asia or wherever will see a price increase as well to cover those ridiculous postage rates. So in the end, it's the customer who pays the bill. What else is new?

P.S.
It will be interesting to see how the major players like Amazon or Play ('Free shipping worldwide') will react. Or maybe they're already working out a deal with those goons from the USPO, who knows...
Prof
Traveller

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels