ATTACKER

Schreibt euch die Finger wund ĂĽber das groĂźe Thema "Metal" - ĂĽber neue Platten, neue Bands, Konzerte etc.

Moderator: Loomis

Re: ATTACKER joins MOMR roster / New album details

Beitragvon HeavyMetalManiac666 » 5. Februar 2013, 12:47

The new Attacker-Album is just awesome. Never expected such a highlight! :yeah:
VIOLENCE AND FORCE!!!

Bild
HeavyMetalManiac666
Posting-Gott

Beitragvon Acrylator » 5. Februar 2013, 17:24

Jowita hat geschrieben:"Giants of Canaan" will be available since February 2nd. If you're at the Metal Assault festival, you can buy the CD directly from us or the band (we should also have the T-shirts with the album art design!). If not (and if you're interested of course :wink: ), you can pre-order it from now on: CD - from our our SHOP with 2,00 Euro discount; digital download (that will come with a special screen-friendly booklet) - from our our Bandcamp page, from where you can also listen to 3 new songs: "The Hammer", "Curse the Light" and "Black Winds Calling".

And here's a short album promo clip (featuring a fragment of the title song):

Check more info about "Giants of Canaan" on the page of this release.

Bild

Great artwork, I think it's your best so far!
The snippet also sounds good. I should check out the album, although up to now "The Second Coming" was the only album of the band that really kicked me.
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Jowita » 5. Februar 2013, 20:08

Acrylator hat geschrieben:
Jowita hat geschrieben:"Giants of Canaan" will be available since February 2nd. If you're at the Metal Assault festival, you can buy the CD directly from us or the band (we should also have the T-shirts with the album art design!). If not (and if you're interested of course :wink: ), you can pre-order it from now on: CD - from our our SHOP with 2,00 Euro discount; digital download (that will come with a special screen-friendly booklet) - from our our Bandcamp page, from where you can also listen to 3 new songs: "The Hammer", "Curse the Light" and "Black Winds Calling".

Bild

The snippet also sounds good. I should check out the album, although up to now "The Second Coming" was the only album of the band that really kicked me.

Thanks Markus! :smile2: Honestly, it's not one of my own favourites, but maybe mostly because it was quite a painful birth, haha. Some artworks just take much more effort and I get quite tired working on them as it takes too long. Anyway, I really like your ATTIC cover - you captured the atmosphere perfectly! And it looks awesome on vinyl. :)

As for the album, it's getting some great reviews...
- 9/10 by autothrall (for the moment only on his From the Dust Returned blog, but it will be on MA soon too - and it means a lot when a reviewer who wrote over 3600 reviews since 2009 writes that if he was to compare it to the "group's beloved debut, Giants of Canaan would come out the victor")
- 9/10 on Axis of Metal - as in the previous one, the reviewer mentions that this album tops their debut and that it's already a contender to the "album of the year" title
- 9/10 by Raphael on Powermetal.de :)
- 8/10 on Destructive Music
- 7/10 on Metal Kaoz (though reading the review you could think it's another 9 or at least 8 out of 10).
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Acrylator » 5. Februar 2013, 21:33

Jowita hat geschrieben:
Acrylator hat geschrieben:

Thanks Markus! :smile2: Honestly, it's not one of my own favourites, but maybe mostly because it was quite a painful birth, haha. Some artworks just take much more effort and I get quite tired working on them as it takes too long. Anyway, I really like your ATTIC cover - you captured the atmosphere perfectly! And it looks awesome on vinyl. :)

You're welcome and thank you!
Of course, I'm very familiar with what you mentioned. Some paintings cost so much work and trouble that you can't even look at them for a while after they have been finished.
Anyway, I think the composition, movement and lighting/colours in your Attacker cover make it a very striking image!
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Destructor » 6. Februar 2013, 11:15

Dear Jowita,

the artwork of "Giants Of Canaan" is really outstanding from my point of view!!!!1 :yeah: Great!!!
The music on the new ATTACKER-record is excellent as well! And their performance at Metal Assault III was far beyond my high expectations for the gig, WOW!!!
Destructor
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Jowita » 6. Februar 2013, 19:51

Destructor hat geschrieben:Dear Jowita,

the artwork of "Giants Of Canaan" is really outstanding from my point of view!!!!1 :yeah: Great!!!
The music on the new ATTACKER-record is excellent as well! And their performance at Metal Assault III was far beyond my high expectations for the gig, WOW!!!

That's great to hear - yeah, they really gave a fantastic show and we are more than happy with the album! :yeah:
And thank you for the compliment about this artwork. :) I'm more fond of some other I painted though, like for WITCHBURNER (especially the last 2 albums: "), ARKHAM WITCH "Legions...", METAL LAW "Lawbreaker", DANTESCO "Pagano", RAVENSTHORN "Horrors...", CRUCIFIED MORTALS "Converted...", STEELPREACHER "Drinking...", or even ATTACKER "The Unknown". Quite often it's a matter of subject for me - I just feel more the horror stuff (but also enjoy to draw/paint caricatures and cheesy metal stuff, haha).
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 6. Februar 2013, 22:21

Man, that new Attacker really slays....
Never expected such a great record!
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Jowita » 9. Februar 2013, 20:15

With my more than rusty German (I learned it for like 3 years about 20 years ago!) and a smart use of Google translator :wink: I translated the great review written by Raf for Powermetal.de (if you see it, please let me know if something could be translated better! :) ). I really like the references to song titles in this one. :cool2:

Gigantic U.S. metal without "ifs" or "buts".

After a longer break the U.S. metallers ATTACKER come back with a new singer and a new album, to demonstrate to the world who is running the show in terms of straight-line, aggressive power metal.

On the paper it stands on the fourth position in the tracklist, but while listening you get your ears smashed with it from the first second
(the reviewer is referring to the 4th song "The Hammer". In German slang "Hammer" means "amazing", "brilliant" etc. - J.K.). Thereby the gentlemen musicians do exactly what they have always done: build one melodic monument after another upon a solid foundation of classic riffs.

The guitars establish here the pillars on which the voice of Bobby "Leather Lungs" Lucas can soar into the sky to crown the songs. And it has so many spikes that the good man often unpacks the vocal cutting torch. Although here and there a few acoustic passages are entwined into the designs, they can not hide the fact that we are talking about fortresses and not castles in the air that are built here. Strongholds of true steel that may seem slightly anachronistic, but nonetheless are heavy.

The hammer strikes unabated, the light of modernity is cursed, and, to make the vengeance of steel complete, the iron maiden will be courted at the end. ATTACKER succeeds at what HELSTAR, SEVEN WITCHES and VICIOUS RUMORS more or less have been failing for years. They write damn good songs that always maintain good balance between hardness, melody, variety and catchiness.

This makes for some mighty fun from start to finish and "Giants of Canaan" should be found as soon as possible in the record collections of all fans of classic U.S. Metal.

Next I'll try to translate the review JĂĽrgen Tschamler wrote for Streetclip.tv (another 9 /10 :yeah: )!
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 9. Februar 2013, 23:14

:smile2:
I'm too tired right now to actually compare your translation with my scribblings, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm glad you like it though.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon KuttenBjuf » 10. Februar 2013, 18:08

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben:Man, that new Attacker really slays....

!!!
Yeah, fantastic album, filled with melodies, screams and killer riffs. Big surprise after their disappointing last record. :smile2: Favourite songs so far: Trapped In Black (nice guitar solo) and Curse The Light.
I've downloaded it from bandcamp: Full booklet as pdf-file and lossless .flac format for only 6 Eur :yeah:
KuttenBjuf
KIT RĂĽckkehrer

Beitragvon Jowita » 10. Februar 2013, 19:36

KuttenBjuf hat geschrieben:
Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben:Man, that new Attacker really slays....

!!!
Yeah, fantastic album, filled with melodies, screams and killer riffs. Big surprise after their disappointing last record. :smile2: Favourite songs so far: Trapped In Black (nice guitar solo) and Curse The Light.
I've downloaded it from bandcamp: Full booklet as pdf-file and lossless .flac format for only 6 Eur :yeah:

Great to hear that! I personally like a lot all ATTACKER albums (the first two obviously most), but yeah, this time they were definitely more inspired and Bobby Lucas simply has better voice than Bob Mitchell nowadays.

By the way, we still have a few T-shirts left (we had only 25 to start with and many were sold at the festival) in our SHOP. Unfortunately no XXL and XL sizes anymore, but you can also order them directly from the band.

Bild
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Azrael » 13. Februar 2013, 22:03

@Jowita,
is there any chance for a Vinyl release of Giants of Canaan?
The music is worth it, and of course the great artwork as well
Azrael
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Jowita » 14. April 2013, 20:25

Azrael hat geschrieben:@Jowita,
is there any chance for a Vinyl release of Giants of Canaan?
The music is worth it, and of course the great artwork as well

Yes, the vinyl version of "Giants of Canaan" will be out at KIT (we licensed it to Metalizer and Underground Power and we'll have some copies for selling there too). And thank you for your nice words about the artwork. :smile2:
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Pavlos » 3. Mai 2013, 21:34

Brilliant album from start to finish.

:yeah:
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

ATTACKER

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 30. Januar 2014, 21:07

For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal Universe