RISEN PROPHECY with Metal on Metal Records.

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

RISEN PROPHECY with Metal on Metal Records.

Beitragvon Jowita » 15. Februar 2015, 23:37

We get e-mails from bands looking for a label several times per week, sometimes several times per day... but a band that really grabs our attention with their music is one in a hundred, and then there are other factors than music alone which we take into consideration since a couple of years when deciding to start working with a band.

A relatively young band from Newcastle area, UK, RISEN PROPHECY contacted us last year, sending their just recorded album "Into the Valley of Hinnom", and had all what it takes. It's really pretty simple: if we press "play" over and over again, and additionally if the band is active and also looks the part, like it is in this case, chances are big we'll contact them. They instantly got us hooked on their combination of thrash and power metal (of the US variety) with some slight progressive (but without falling into the trap of being technical for the sake of being technical) and epic metal elements... And when the vocalist has really mighty pipes and is versatile, it's difficult for us to resist. Dan Tyrens of RISEN PROPHECY is one outstanding vocalist who can sing in a clean voice (with a tone reminiscent of the late Michael Grant from CRESCENT SHIELD and ONWARD), sometimes going also for extreme high-pitched, ear-splitting screams (not so far from King Diamond and Rob Halford), but also sings in a much more brutal, snarl-like voice, which sounds really vitriolic and venomous (reminiscent of Martin Walkyier of SABBAT and Brian Lawrence of DREAM DEATH). Overall though, ICED EARTH seems to be their biggest and most easily noticeable influence, and they also remind us a lot of UNEARTHED from Florida (who had a few early ICED EARTH members in their ranks), but it wasn't easy to find other comparisons for this talented band, as they have quite a personal style. There are surely some similarities to TESTAMENT, DEFIANCE, FORBIDDEN, ARTILLERY, SABBAT, DEMONS AND WIZARDS and JUDAS PRIEST, and from the more obscure bands, to SINDROME, HELLHOUND and MAELSTROM (the prog thrash/power one from New York)... But it's best if you check their music by yourselves - you can get a pretaste of this album from this trailer the band put on their YouTube channel:

The band's second full-length "Into the Valley of Hinnom" (following the self-released debut "Screaming for Death" from 2010) will see the light of day in April. Check the RISEN PROPHECY page to find out more about this band!

Bild
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 158

Re: RISEN PROPHECY with Metal on Metal Records.

Beitragvon Jowita » 21. April 2015, 22:24

Our third (but not last!) April 24th release is the 2nd full-length album of the young British power/thrashers RISEN PROPHECY "Into the Valley of Hinnom". Since I have already introduced them above, I'll let their music do the talking. I can only add that we've listened to their album dozens of times by now and definitely don't have enough of it - on the contrary, almost each time I comment "fucking brilliant!" on certain parts of these songs (fortunately Simone agrees with me :cool2: ). This is a really mature album with highly developed, epic compositions.

We have prepared a promo clip for "Into the Valley of Hinnom" album (featuring 2 minutes out of 11 of the title track), using scenes of the "Cabiria" movie from 1914 - check it out here:

Two songs from the album ("Knowing Nothing" and "To the Wolves") are available for streaming from our YouTube channel and from Bandcamp.

Until April 24th you can pre-order the CD from our SHOP , with 2 Euro discount. It's available also in a convenient bundle with a T-SHIRT with the album art design.
And if you're attending the Keep It True fest, you can buy the CD, T-shirt, as well as the other 4 new releases (DARK QUARTERER "Ithaca", STONEGRIFF "Come Taste the Blood", ARKHAM WITCH "Get Thothed Vol. I" and VV.AA. "Compendium of Metal Vol. 8"), and the older titles, directly from us there (as always, we'll have a table space for selling there, and the "the 3CDs for 30 Euro" offer).

Bild

Find out more about "Into the Valley of Hinnom" on the page of this release.

Bild
Cover art by yours truly (http://www.jowita-kaminska.com)
Jowita
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 158

ZurĂŒck zu Heavy Metal labels